Gunboards Forums banner

Super B Safety Problem.

524 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ibmikey 
#1 ·
My like new Super B 9mm safety wont engage unless I pull back on the hammer. Its a 1986 model. It looks like it never was fired.It worked fine until I removed the left grip panel to determine the year of MFR.And then the lever slipped down and the pin and spring popped up. I reinstalled it and it goes up and down with the hammer down OK but with the hammer cocked its stuck. If Ipull back slightly on the hammer it engages OK. I had the same problem with a Super SS .380. ( sold it ,the buyer didn't care.)Any clues for proper reassembly??

#2 ·
Hammer and sear engagement appear to be off a bit where they make contact with the safety. The safety can be stoned a tad and will correct problem but others have said the safety will then wear quickly. I have stoned and safeties still function as normal

#3 ·
Thanks,ibmikey, I noticed the edge of the shaft notch a little sharp and rough?It could be stoned a little if that would help.One manuel for a B says to line up safety and press in ,another for the Super B says to pull back on the hammer while pressing in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.