Gunboards Forums banner

Can anyone help identify this magazine? Supposed to be for a Llama 1911

486 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  larryh1108 
#1 ·
Hello,

I bought this magazine at a gun show over the weekend. It was supposed to be for a Llama 1911 in 45 ACP. It fits in the mag well just fine, but it isn't a 45 magazine. It has a number stamped on it but I haven't been able to identify what caliber it is for or been able to verify that it is a Llama Magazine. Can anyone help identify this magazine?
Skin Beige Leather Finger Fashion accessory
Flute Musical instrument
Hand Arm Finger Metal Paper
Arm Close-up Finger Metal Beige
Hand Finger

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
From your photos it appears to be a Star A in 9mm Largo not 9mm luger although they will hap hazzardly feed Luger. This is an eariler mag with the floorplate held in place by the mag spring and the nose has the serrations. Later mags had plain floorplates and they were held in place with an internal retainer.
By eariler mag i am not referring to the flush solid base mag but the removeable floorplate mag that came later. Through the years the follower, feed lips and method of retaining the floorplate were modified. Two methods were used to use the same mag ( and thus not change frame dimentions) for Largo and Luger..an insert on the inside back wall (used for a short time) and extending the feed lips forward before releasing the Luger cartridge thus making up for the longer travel before contact with the feed ramp. Mags are the biggest problem with B pistols as they are actually using an A magazine for a significantly shorter cartridge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.