Gunboards Forums banner

Bought my first Spanish pistol

538 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  wilson180 
#1 ·
I was at a gun show over the weekend and saw this tiny pistol that caught my eye. I didn't have any .25 acp pistols and it seemed to be in good condition that I had to buy it. I spent the next few hours doing research to learn as much as I could about this pistol. I am amazed at how many makers there were of these style pistols. I believe my pistol was made in 1922 and is a first variation. I wonder if it is safe to shoot. Now I want to try to find a similar one in .32 acp since I already have a few other pistols in this caliber. Here are a few pictures.

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol
Gun Trigger Gun accessory
Trigger
Finger Hand Technology Nail Electronic device

See less See more
#2 ·
About the smallest .32 (7.65) Star pistol is the DKI and pretty much in the unobtainable category in the US, most were sold in Europe where they were popular. The DK is very much availabile in this Country and command a price around the $500 mark for good ones.
During WWI Spanish factories dumped hundreds of thousands of 7.65 mm pistols into the French military but most have a very long frames and mags for extra rounds. Some of these pistols are not the best quality due to outsourcing parts making to about everyone in the village who wanted to make a buck.

#3 ·
You picked up a nice little pistol !
The ASTRA brand were the better quality Spanish pistols. If yours has a good bore and seems to function it should be fine for shooting . Would advise to clean and lube first.

The "ruby" type autos were made for a French contract in WWI. There is a sticky on this forum well worth reading about them. After the war they were made in all sizes and calibers for the commercial market.

#4 ·
I went to the range yesterday to give the gun a try. It fired and cycled fine until the last round. The last round didn't chamber and jammed between the top of the barrel and the magazine. I cleared the jam and reloaded the magazine to try again. It fired and cycled fine and again jammed on the last round.

I googled around a little and found some suggestions about a weak magazine spring causes this problem. Does anyone have ecperience with this type of failure?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.