Gunboards Forums banner

Llama Model I

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  phredp 
#1 ·
Sorry I'm full of questions lately, I love my Llama's but not quite an "expert" on them :) I'm looking at a Geco marked Llama that seller says is a model I. It does appear to be that, but when I check my info., it says a model I has a grip safety and this one doesn't. It is 7.62 and does have the Geco marking, along with what is claimed to be original leather holster. I do not see any other model it could be. Did the model I come with and without a grip safety based on year? Or is the info. I have saying it should have a grip safety be wrong - it is not a totally reputable source. I'm guessing value on this would be $700-$900 range ? Thanks!

#3 ·
I agree. The holster does add value, but I see these as a $400 gun in nice condition.
Model 1 has no grip safety.

http://www.carbinesforcollectors.com/llamapage.html

The Geco mark does add some value, but be sure it's a real Geco mark and not the more common "GC" in a circle.

In my opinion, the only small-frame Llama in the $800 range would be a mint Model 3, wartime issue with Geco stamp and original holster. With some documented provenance, it could go much higher.

#4 ·
Rex B. I also have a Geco marked Model 1 that came with a holster but I dont know if original or not. What is the information source for determining the authenticity of an original holster? I havent been able to find one. Thank you for any information you are willing to share. phredp

#8 ·
Holsters wii be a gray area as the pistol would not have been shipped with one ( to my knowledge all German orders for Spanish pistols during the war were for pistols only). Usually holsters in Germany would be provided by the seller as these guns were not military procurement (with few exceptions) but rather personal purchases normally by German Officers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.