Gunboards Forums banner

Firestar value

822 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DK PHILLIPS In Memoriam 
#1 ·
I've got a Firestar,starvel finish, 45acp, with 3 factory mags, 1 aftermarket mag that works, excellent condition, what would it be worth if I wanted to sell?

#2 ·
I estimate $350-$450 without seeing any pics.. They are fairly popular and hard to break. Folks that love them are pretty diehard about them. (Like me.)

If you offer it on an internet auction site, show the very best photos you can get of a CLEANed gun. If you aren't good with a camera, you probably have a friend or relative that is.
Give he/she/it a case of beer, bottle of good wine, etc. to get at least half a dozen (8-10 is better) really nice pics showing the pistols great condition and desireable features.
Proper lighting is utmost. Describe the pistols features and condition in detail - accurate info helps a buyer say yes. Drives me nuts when I see gun auctions with crummy photos,
little if any description. Even if I'm looking at a revolver or pistol that I'm fully familiar with, why would I or anyone else buy a question mark concerning it's condition?

If you're doing a face to face trade, it's only worth what the potential buyer is willing to pay.

Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.