Gunboards Forums banner

New Astra 600

614 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  PAD141 
#1 ·
Just picked up a second Nazi contract (s/n 17778) Astra 600/43. It is in nice condition and matching. The markings appear to be correct - O marked for 1944 production as part of the proof triad, no Astra logo on the barrel, unmarked mag, etc.

I picked up an LBPN holster to go along with it from another seller on the assumption that this pistol was likely re-sold to Germany for police use. Is there a chance this was commercially sold in Spain prior to the 1951 offload to West Germany?

Incidentally, the serial number on the holster is 34670 if someone has that pistol and is dying to trade another nice LBPN holster to reunite their gun and holster. Mods - I'm not intending to cause a problem or skirt/break rules on trader posts, but wanted folks on the board to know I have the holster if it matches their pistol.

On taking a close look, I noticed that the extractor has an iridescent blue/case hardened look to it. Is that common or might this suggest a replacement part?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Best regards,
Paul

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.