Gunboards Forums banner

Yugo M72 RPK

10K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Franz 1796 
#1 ·
I have ordered a Yugo M72 RPK from Century. Can anyone tell me if this is a good weapon? I have a WASR-10 it is an early model and has good fitting mags and sights are straight it is from Century. Is the M72 of good qualty being from Century? I have had no broblems with the WASR-10 it fires every time I pull the trigger and has no trigger slap. Will the M72 be as good a shooter?

#5 ·
It's fun!

I haven't had any real problems with CAI guns, but darn near paniced with all the negative comments on this and other boards. My M72 is clean, shoots well, seems well built. I have no problem and like it well enough that I ordered an M70 fixed stock. It works well also. Only a little thing--the stocks were quite roughly sanded on both, so I spent an evening in front of TV rubbing with a very fine scotchbrite pad. Both cleaned up easily and feel very smooth. Wait a couple of months and then look at prices--you'll be happy you bought!

#6 ·
I recently traded one of my M-1 garands for a parts mismatching ,D.C.I. receiver Century Yugo RPK dated 9/06 and am very pleased. I went out last weekend and ran her with sticks and drums and was pleasently surprised with accuracy and function. I shot on the bench to zero and bipod-supported for most of the rest. She's kinda heavy with a 75rd. drum, but recoil is very manageable.

#7 ·
Thanks

Thanks guys for all the info and a good review on the m72. I was shooting my AK today with East German practice ammo and it worked fine, now I can hardly wait to get the Yugo.
Biff

#12 · (Edited)
The drums typically available in the US are Romanian and Chinese (and now Bulgarian). The Romanian are loaded one at a time with a key you turn to move the rounds into place. The Chinese and Bulgarian drums open up and after loading all the ammo, you close the back plate and turn the key to wind the spring.

The Chinese/Bulgarian are easier to load, but are less common and thus more expensive. Romanian are not difficult to load, just more time consuming and work just as well in the rifle.

If you try a few google searches I'd bet you'll find all you need to know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Eus7Lh1P-c

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.