the war on cash - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: the war on cash

Simple alternative to cash, Gold in small affordable, transaction friendly quantities. Available in 1/10, 1, 2.5, and 5 gram mini bars. www.GoldMoneyIsHere.com Register for your free gold savings account and get a free website including your own free online store.

Quote Originally Posted by StallionMarine View Post
    Simple alternative to cash, Gold in small affordable, transaction friendly quantities. Available in 1/10, 1, 2.5, and 5 gram mini bars. www.GoldMoneyIsHere.com Register for your free gold savings account and get a free website including your own free online store.
    As much as I like gold , this outfit has some major read flags it 's overseas no way to collect if they send you fakes you have to register to even see prices .. I see nothing that says they will buy back their own product at a fair retail price if you want to sell when the price goes up .. and to sell such a product to another retailer may require you paying a stiff assaying fee .

Warning warning will Robertson

red flag only three posts and two of those are trying to buy something on the trader .

here is a review of Karatbars http://factsaboutinternetmarketing.c...itters-is-gold

http://ethanvanderbuilt.com/2014/09/...in-my-opinion/

http://hotmlmcompanies.com/karatbars...tional-review/ great multi level marking opportunity but the consumer is paying way way more than they should.

High ratings if you are looking to scam people https://bestcompany.com/mlm/company/...international/

this is all about preying on ignorance and over charging while lining your pockets at other's expense, and they offer great training on how to do it top opportunity for making bucks off other people while screwing them over...

Can't recommend the product , but if you have no conscience the program looks like a helluva deal. Be good way to get back at Nigerians that sent you those email scams ...
    Last edited by AmmoSgt; 12-09-2016 at 12:24 AM.
    "It's frightening to think that you might not know something, but more frightening to think that, by and large, the world is run by people who have faith that they know exactly what's going on."
    Amos Tversky

Vote John Galt for President

also might mention the salesman for karatbars is stealing advertising space for his own profit should tell you all you need to know.
    "It's frightening to think that you might not know something, but more frightening to think that, by and large, the world is run by people who have faith that they know exactly what's going on."
    Amos Tversky

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Default the war on cash

I don't know if anybody brought this up but look at the twenty in your wallet and then try to remember how many times it has changed in the last twenty years? New color inks, security strips, new designs, etc. Now ask yourself who is one of largest counterfeiters in world? North Korea comes to mind or the Russian mob. And that is why there is a war on cash. Counterfeiters with laser printers, high quality linen paper and
    A illicit network to distribute counterfeit notes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fboyj View Post
    I don't know if anybody brought this up but look at the twenty in your wallet and then try to remember how many times it has changed in the last twenty years? New color inks, security strips, new designs, etc. Now ask yourself who is one of largest counterfeiters in world? North Korea comes to mind or the Russian mob. And that is why there is a war on cash. Counterfeiters with laser printers, high quality linen paper and
    A illicit network to distribute counterfeit notes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely correct! But you do leave out some of the really big players: Major Intelligence Agencies (insert your favorite) who print their own to finance their operations. To have everyone use "plastic money" is their combined goal. That way they can destroy their targets' wealth with electronic warfare in cyberspace.

Thank goodness money isn't worth anything.

I am pretty sure that most of the counterfeit US currency is overseas. The bad stuff gets passed here and falls apart, the better stuff gets caught sooner or later at the bank or by store managers with a good eye. I am sure there are databases of the info on all examples, so it will hurt those in other countries that horde it. I would bet that those that horde it are on the fence between lawful and illegal, if not all the way illegal. Maybe they should buy gold if they really want to have something.

Ever seen Swiss currency? Maybe if we put that kind of effort into it we'd have fewer counterfeiting issues.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1000576.jpg  

Easier to control people if you control the means of exchange for goods and services. By taking away the means of "anonymous" exchange the people become more reliant and subserviant.

Another reason to own precious metals and maybe even other forms of "currency" (i.e. Bitcoin)

http://peakoilpetroleumandpreciousme...l#.WGCEo1zrX2Y

http://peakoilpetroleumandpreciousme...c#.WGCE41zrX2Y

Just this month I was in a regional supple store (have maybe 12 stores) in CA that no longer takes CASH.Only cards or you have to have an account with them.

That might cut down on employee till theft as well as armed robberies. I remember some gas stations that were for prepaid use only - no attendant. A fleet bought when gas was low and used it all year - or until thier purchase ran out.
    Last edited by route66paul; 03-16-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by repaircraftsvc View Post
    Just this month I was in a regional supple store (have maybe 12 stores) in CA that no longer takes CASH.Only cards or you have to have an account with them.
    Interesting! But contrary to law. Look at any US paper money and you will see this "This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private". Legalese for 'If offered in payment, US paper money MUST be accepted!' We had a similar kind of chain store in my area, 40 years ago, CREDIT CARDS ONLY, but somebody court cased them and they had to comply with the law.

Not sure if ot but saw gold went up $27/oz today sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shooterike View Post
    Interesting! But contrary to law. Look at any US paper money and you will see this "This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private". Legalese for 'If offered in payment, US paper money MUST be accepted!' We had a similar kind of chain store in my area, 40 years ago, CREDIT CARDS ONLY, but somebody court cased them and they had to comply with the law.
    Remember CA is under the 9th Circuit Court and they look at things differently .

Remember CA is under the 9th Circuit Court and they look at things differently .
    EXACTLY! The Lunatic Liberal 9th has often espoused the most contrary to the US Constitution decisions. A friend of mine who was (now deceased) a Federal Judge, confided to me that he had to use the most precise and carefully crafted language to get a (******) murderer into the BIG HOUSE, for fear of some Looney higher up the totem pole judge would order his release on some flimsy excuse!

I always though...this:
    With little effort an RF strip could be inserted between the cotton threads an payments in large quantities of military, government paid out to MR X? Trackable to the dollar ....in distribution, location, journey, country?
    Last edited by DK PHILLIPS; 04-24-2017 at 08:25 PM.

They are also concealing a huge debt and have picked the wrong time to ask for federal bailouts.

IF the govt gradually removed cash from society it would be to tax every transaction. Doubtful they would as an underground trade possibly using other representations of value will emerge.
    Counterfeit money only generates more tax for govt. They make a small stink about it to prop up the perceived value of the dollar.
    If no one believes paper money has value then it doesn't.
    Stock piling bullion in case of a crash doesn't make much sense, I'd rather have stockpiled firearms, ammo and lots of non perishable food. Like anything if you tell just one person of your shock pile, many others will soon learn of it and can raid it if desperate. Stockpiles must be only known to you.
    Money now is mostly virtual, just pixels on a computer screen. Perceived value is all it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    IF the govt gradually removed cash from society it would be to tax every transaction. Doubtful they would as an underground trade possibly using other representations of value will emerge.
    Counterfeit money only generates more tax for govt. They make a small stink about it to prop up the perceived value of the dollar.
    If no one believes paper money has value then it doesn't.
    Stock piling bullion in case of a crash doesn't make much sense, I'd rather have stockpiled firearms, ammo and lots of non perishable food. Like anything if you tell just one person of your shock pile, many others will soon learn of it and can raid it if desperate. Stockpiles must be only known to you.
    Money now is mostly virtual, just pixels on a computer screen. Perceived value is all it has.
    I hear this a lot.. I would rather have guns than gold .. or food than gold anything rather than gold...

why can't you have all three guns, gold, and food?

I get that gold is a skill as much as a metal how you determine value , but and sell and trade with gold is a very specialized skill.. but it is learnable and I agree without the skill and knowledge gold is useless to some people.

But everything s like that.. look at the buckets of convenient freeze dried food .. if you follow the instructions or advertisements you will died of starvation or malnutrition if you don't have the knowledge , heck you could shoot your own eye out with a BB gun if you aren't careful ..

I would rather have both gold and guns and every other tool and survival aid I know how to use.

No man fears to do what he knows how to do.

And are you saying folks will comes and steal your gold , but not your guns and ammo and food? especially if so many would rather have guns than gold?

Next you will be telling me you can't eat gold, but guns are yummy if you marinade them long enough..
    Amos Tversky

A friend just sent me this. Maybe some things of numismatic value in it all as well as the cash value but I'm too burnt this week to chase after it (and the neighborhood isn't the best - may be a scam). If you live in SF go for it.
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/zip/6048738409.html

Do not forget BITCOIN.Coming to you soon.OH its here.

Considering that I'm usually the only one paying cash for anything wherever I go, I think the "war on Cash" is already over, and Plastic won. Only old people like me still use cash.

Quote Originally Posted by boyt44 View Post
    considering that i'm usually the only one paying cash for anything wherever i go, i think the "war on cash" is already over, and plastic won. Only old people like me still use cash.
    Me also cash on the barrel head.

Trust your neighbor,BUT brand your cattle.
    Last edited by repaircraftsvc; 03-23-2017 at 06:21 PM.

I ran into this little BS this weekend, I went into a store after buying gas at the pump.
    I picked up 2 cold drinks and some peanuts.
    the total was $3.51 I handed my debit card to the girl and was informed there will be a $0.50 surcharge for a purchase under $5.00
    hell no said me and left the building.
    this bugged the crap out of me, I know it is not legal.
    so I researched it.
    credit cards can be assessed a surcharge and debit cards CANNOT
    it is not a law. it is the terms of agreement visa and master card have with the store owner.
    I called visa and asked about this.
    I was told if a merchant charges you for a minimum purchase, call them, with the name and address of the company
    they will do an investigation and will suspend the merchant from using master card/visa

the difference in how you pay with your debit card
    if you use your pin # to pay it is a debit
    if you sign to pay it is a credit card pay
    Hello !

I believe you have that backwards. Debit cards are charged at least $.25 to the retailer and Credit cards are charged a percentage with a minimum(depending on the deal they get from the card processor). Cards that are called in have an extra charge on most plans, sometimes much more. The debit charge is ok to pass along to the card holder because the processor doesn't care, the money is covered immeaditly. Most credit card contract companies(all that I ever dealt with in Ca in 20 years of business) said I could not charge more for them using a credit card, but I could give a discount for cash.

Credit cards are covered for fraud, but if you use the debit part(which saves the retailer money), you are NOT covered by the credit card scam laws. As long as the card goes through the machine, or has an imprint, the retailer is covered. Credit card fraud cost plenty, which is the reason so many cards have high interest. The better your credit, the better interest you can get because people with good credit usually don't get scammed.

I personally cannot ever see a need for a debit card. It is like you have all the liability and costs with very little benefit. The way banks try to shove them down your throat (or in/up other bodily orifices) makes me even more wary. Ask the bank If you lose a debit card who pays for any losses? If you get screwed on a purchase who can you fall back on? With luck and a bit of knowledge you can actually make CCs pay you, provide a discount or at least break even on inflated prices.

Cash for guns the only way to,wheel and deal.

I always use the credit card portion, or if I can't, I would make sure there is very little in my checking account and the debit card can't go into the savings account.

[QUOTE=route66paul;6727450]I believe you have that backwards. Debit cards are charged at least $.25 to the retailer and Credit cards are charged a percentage with a minimum(depending on the deal they get from the card processor). Cards that are called in have an extra charge on most plans, sometimes much more. The debit charge is ok to pass along to the card holder because the processor doesn't care, the money is covered immeaditly. Most credit card contract companies(all that I ever dealt with in Ca in 20 years of business) said I could not charge more for them using a credit card, but I could give a discount for cash.

Credit cards are covered for fraud, but if you use the debit part(which saves the retailer money), you are NOT covered by the credit card scam laws. As long as the card goes through the machine, or has an imprint, the retailer is covered. Credit card fraud cost plenty, which is the reason so many cards have high interest. The better your credit, the better interest you can get because people with good credit usually don't get scammed.[/QUOTE

You are correct, the retailer is charged a fee for the running of a debit card.
    but, they CAN NOT pass that charge on to you as per the agreement they have with mastercard and visa

here is an email from mastercard.

Attachment 2175874

And a link saying the same thing

https://www.thebalance.com/debit-car...nnoying-315267

If they do charge you a fee for a debit card purchase, You can report them to mastercard, they will investigate
    and they will suspend the merchant from processing thru mastercard and visa
    THAT would be a devistating blow to profits
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails masyercard.jpg  

Last edited by frodo; 04-25-2017 at 07:04 AM.
    Hello !

Here in Ca, they can charge you a fee. I asked my card service when I got charged an extra $.50 for gas. They said it was perfectly legal. What they do is put a hold onyour money in your checking account. What got me, was the hold is for $100 if you pay at the pump. My suburban held about $130 when gas was real high and then charged me again to finish filling up. Since I was at the cheapest station around and gas was going to rise in cost for a 3 day wekend, I figured it was the wise thing to do.
    If you don't have $100 in the checking account, they have to overide it inside and place a limit on how much gas you can put in, unless they punch in an amount(like $20) that you can't go over. That hold lasts the rest of the day, so if you get the $100 hold, you might not have use on checking account money for the day.

It sucks. I try to have cash on hand, but having children and grandchildren that all of a sudden need money for this or that has kept my wallet flat.

i keep a debit card at my bank for buying on line and only keep 50.00 in it and only put in the amount of the item i bought. i,m not charged any thing extra for buying or for having the card. if some one gets into card they will only get 50.00. eastbank.

Quote Originally Posted by route66paul View Post
    Here in Ca, they can charge you a fee. I asked my card service when I got charged an extra $.50 for gas. They said it was perfectly legal. What they do is put a hold onyour money in your checking account. What got me, was the hold is for $100 if you pay at the pump. My suburban held about $130 when gas was real high and then charged me again to finish filling up. Since I was at the cheapest station around and gas was going to rise in cost for a 3 day wekend, I figured it was the wise thing to do.
    If you don't have $100 in the checking account, they have to overide it inside and place a limit on how much gas you can put in, unless they punch in an amount(like $20) that you can't go over. That hold lasts the rest of the day, so if you get the $100 hold, you might not have use on checking account money for the day.

It sucks. I try to have cash on hand, but having children and grandchildren that all of a sudden need money for this or that has kept my wallet flat.

I will not even try to debate the subject if Commiefornia is involved
    they are a weirdness all to themselves. The state is beautiful but the crazy liberals make it ugly to live there
    Hello !

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    I will not even try to debate the subject if Commiefornia is involved
    they are a weirdness all to themselves. The state is beautiful but the crazy liberals make it ugly to live there

I will! Live there is HELL working here not any better.The Liberals here think a seven-course meal is a possum and a six-pack.Their answer to every think vote in Liberals, Raise taxes,tax it or make a crazy law to cover it.
    Roads are all full of chuck holes.Gas price always at least 60 cents a gal more than at home in AZ.The other day at home $2.11/gal here a Shell $3.29. Have to take your own bag to store or buy cheap paper one that the handles come off of.It goes on and on.
    Just full of folks that want all the hand outs, 49% of people in Madera county are on Med/Cal and they have put up bill board on highway 99 to brag about it,why Chamber of-commerce it by wasting big $$$ to brag about it. The rest of the folks have a big hole in their screen door or are two sandwiches short of a picnic.
    THERE ARE THREE KIND OF MEN: THE ONES THAT LEARN BY READING.THE FEW WHO LEARN BY OBSERVATION. THE REST OF THEM HAVE TO PEE ON THE ELECTRIC FENCE,

Well the war on cash in commie land of California.Just went shopping at Save Mart paid the high prices,High taxes,CRV Tax and $1.00 for the the bags to put the stuff in since NO FREE plastic bags are allowed in Commie land.
    Lick that calf again ( say what). I am 82 and have to give clerk my phone number and show them my drivers license to get the BEER,IT IS THE LAW IN CALIFORNIA. Why phone number is way passed the line.
    Folks here are always loading the wrong wagon and don't have enough sense to spit downwind.
    THERE ARE THREE KIND OF MEN: THE ONES THAT LEARN BY READING.THE FEW WHO LEARN BY OBSERVATION. THE REST OF THEM HAVE TO PEE ON THE ELECTRIC FENCE,

That is a load of bull! Nothing in the Calif. law that says they need all that. That BS process is strictly Save Mart policy. the punishment for making an under age sale is pretty harsh on the company so they err on the side of caution, which in this case gets pretty ridiculous.
    If you care enough, I suggest you contact Save Mart Corporate and give them an ear full. May not change anything, but at least they will know that they are alienating a good portion of their potential customer base with excessive unreasonable application of their 'rules'.
    Vmo

i went into a local store for a few things and wanted to buy a few cigars, i left my wallet in the car and only had a 20.00 bill in my pocket. i was ask for a ID to buy the cigars as i didn,t have ID on me the cigars stayed there, i,m 73 years old and look it. i ask the clerk if she was legaly blind as i left. eastbank.

By law you don't have to ID anyone.BUT selling to anyone under age is illegal.
    In order to consume or purchase alcohol in the United States of America you must be at least 21 years of age. Most
    restaurants, bars, liquor stores, grocery stores, and any other establishment that sells alcoholic beverages will require its clientèle to show proof that they are actually 21 years old or older. While there are general laws that all vendors must follow, many establishments have procedures that go beyond the state's minimum requirements.
    Like Savemart.,at Safeway they ID everyone in your party if a person has a baby that's a no sale.
    Time to move all this to civil war thread and California would be a good place to start it.BUT since most are Liberals they stay in the shadow of their mama's apron the Government.
    Last edited by repaircraftsvc; 05-09-2017 at 06:49 PM.

You guys have absolutely no idea what this thread is about or why it might even be important.. do you?
    Amos Tversky

Ammo, you started this thread 5 months ago. I know there was a valid point then. I guess people get distracted and then they forget.

"...you could wake up one morning and find you have a deadline to turn in your $100 bills for smaller denominations. Already some stores and businesses have stopped taking cash altogether http://theconversation.com/if-cash-i...-dollars-63516

Like gun control, cash control isn't about controlling cash. it isn't impossible for it to happen here http://www.friesian.com/notes.htm In fact we have changed our currency 6 times , some with mandatory turn in and exchange dates after which they were no longer legal currency.

Technically our paper money is good for all debts public and private.. but as I pointed out, some businesses just don't take them any more.

Keeping a stash of cash at home under the mattress is not risk free from currency change" - AmmoSgt, 11/26/2016

I think this thread has run its course and has gone quite a bit off topic, so I think it's time to shut it down. AmmoSgt, it's your thread. If you think it should be allowed to continue let me know and I'll reopen it.
    Meanwhile, the rest of you guys can bring this conversation about showing IDs and paying cash up in the CEPGOM forum if you want to continue. If anyone needs the password to CEPGOM send a PM to Dutch.
    Regards, Alan K.
    Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for gold or guns.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123