Thread: preduzece 44 HISTORY AND FACT?

Talking preduzece 44 HISTORY AND FACT?

Hey guys, got a 98k Preduzece 44 at a PA auction for $230. No import marks, beautiful patina and nice lam stock Mod 98 in small letters on action and crest on receiver ring. Has site hood, rod and very nice 98k sling. Bore is MINT, this looks like a German 98k that was scrubbed and marked preduzece 44. What's the deal, it is an absolutely beautiful rifle. Also another question, didn't the Wehrmacht outfit several divisions with VZ 24's, Best regards Foxman (Solman...I did NOT shoot it yet as I just got back from elk hunting) lol:D

Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    Hey guys, got a 98k Preduzece 44 at a PA auction for $230. No import marks, beautiful patina and nice lam stock Mod 98 in small letters on action and crest on receiver ring. Has site hood, rod and very nice 98k sling. Bore is MINT, this looks like a German 98k that was scrubbed and marked preduzece 44. What's the deal, it is an absolutely beautiful rifle. Also another question, didn't the Wehrmacht outfit several divisions with VZ 24's, Best regards Foxman (Solman...I did NOT shoot it yet as I just got back from elk hunting) lol:D
    Yugoslavian Kar.98k's ARE scrubbed German Kar.98k's. The Yugoslavians eventually manufactured some stocks and barrels for them, but many will have all German parts.

Yes, the Wehrmacht made use of Vz-24's.
    WTB/WTT:
    late E/H marked Gustloff stock specially inletted for machine gun barrel
    unnumbered E/359 inspected armourer stock
    transitional late unnumbered type Bruenn (dot) stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no hole for cleaning rod
    unnumbered Mauser Oberndorf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles
    unnumbered flat buttplate with inspection marking (i.e. I need an armourer flat buttplate)

The Yugo K98k refurbed (98-48 Yugo designation) usually had new Yugo barrels (all of mine have) and are excellent shooters.
    You may still see German proofs on the right side on the rear site base on the wood line but they reused those bases on their replacement barrels.
    While they scrubbed most German markings I have always wondered if they kept the original parts together because my 98-48s have been very smooth actions far better than any of the RCs I have had or handled and have felt like German matched actions.
    It is also a good gun to scope because it will likely not increase much in value but is excellent quality (ergo you won't devalue it).
    Check with PA Distributing ( http://www.p-a-distributing.com/orders.html ) to see when they get in the K98k mounts. These are German modern turret mounts that allow the removal of the scope and back on to zero, very cool and great mounts. A Serb told me these are now being made by Zrak so may be from Serbia and not Germany like the previous ones.
    Some people call these Bosnian Sniper rifles and that may apply but it is my understanding any rifle with a scope was considered a sniper so that is likely more exaggeration.
    Here is (was) my 98-48 with Mauser banner mounts. It is one of a few guns I wished I had kept. Smooth accurate and great mounts.

Wulfmann

"The right to keep and bear arms should not be infringed upon if only to prevent tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson; constitutional debates

Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    ... No import marks...
    I would look it over very close...most likely the import marks are very tiny and in an obscure place as not many of these got in country before the import mark requirments.

Default Thanks Guys

Thanks for info!!!Foxman

Look under the hand guard even for the import mark. The vz-24s are czech rifles, not yugo reworks. What you bought sounds like a yugo modified german k98.
    WTS: 7 unopened P-Mag 30 round Gen M2 magazines. Find them here:
    http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...ASC-metal-mags

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmann View Post
    The Yugo K98k refurbed (98-48 Yugo designation) usually had new Yugo barrels (all of mine have) and are excellent shooters.
    You may still see German proofs on the right side on the rear site base on the wood line but they reused those bases on their replacement barrels.
    While they scrubbed most German markings I have always wondered if they kept the original parts together because my 98-48s have been very smooth actions far better than any of the RCs I have had or handled and have felt like German matched actions.
    It is also a good gun to scope because it will likely not increase much in value but is excellent quality (ergo you won't devalue it).
    Check with PA Distributing ( http://www.p-a-distributing.com/orders.html ) to see when they get in the K98k mounts. These are German modern turret mounts that allow the removal of the scope and back on to zero, very cool and great mounts. A Serb told me these are now being made by Zrak so may be from Serbia and not Germany like the previous ones.
    Some people call these Bosnian Sniper rifles and that may apply but it is my understanding any rifle with a scope was considered a sniper so that is likely more exaggeration.
    Here is (was) my 98-48 with Mauser banner mounts. It is one of a few guns I wished I had kept. Smooth accurate and great mounts.

Wulfmann

what type of scope is this?

There was a great article in MRJ (Simson Suhl's newsletter) awhile back on this. I highly recommend a subscription.
    http://k98kforum.com/
    K98k Research and Reference Forum
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. " -
    Sir Winston Churchill