Korean War color slides

Thread: Korean War color slides

Default Korean War color slides

My Flickr page of (mostly) color slides taken in Korea and Japan during the Korean War are here:

https:[email protected]/albums

BTW, If you have slides or photos taken in Korea, I would be interested in buying them to add to this page. I would also be interested in scanning your slides to include on this page, and then returning them to you. Wherever possible, I like to credit the original photographer-often not possible, as many of these slides come to me from Estate sales after the original owner dies, and an ebay picker finds them.
    Last edited by boyt44; 12-06-2016 at 09:30 AM.

I really enjoyed looking at those photos. Thanks.

My dad, who recently passed, was a Korean War Vet. I don't have or can't find any picts of him in Korea, but my mom has a photo album of his when he was stationed in Fort Bliss and Greenland in, I think, '53-54.

I have a collection of BW photographs from a photo recon unit - BDA, and some other stuff.
    Fine Print:
    The preceeding opinion should be considered only as an opinion and not legal advice. In no event will the poster, Unbekannt, be held liable to any party for any damages arising in any way out of the availability, use, reliance on or inability to use poster's opinion or any information provided by or through the poster, or for any claim attributable to errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in, or destructive properties of any information provided by or through the poster.

Very nice collection.
    Thanks for posting and sharing them.
    Mark

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

wow.....very nice collection. thanks for posting. I fully appreciate the time it took to assemble these. I know the time it takes to scan in slides. at least on my old scanner.
    Sam

I have a fairly good scanner, but even so, it still takes 3-4 minutes to scan one slide. The hard part is acquiring these slides-so many ebay sellers break up a complete set of slides taken by one man, and sell them one by one. Many sellers never pay any attention to the names of the original photographer, and it often takes a bit of detective work to find their names. Sadly, an internet search usually leads me to their obituary. I have hundreds of "followers" in Korea-back during the war, and for many years after, US servicemen were the only ones with good cameras and access to Kodachrome color slide film-the "gold standard" of photography. My own wife has only one tiny black and white photo of herself from when she was a child. Koreans these days like to see what their nation once looked like, and how dramatically it has changed, due to the hard work of several generations of Koreans. I see my photos on many Korean websites, and I enjoy reading the (translated) comments. Many young people are stunned to find out there was color photography in 1950. Several of these photo albums have been used in museum exhibits in Korea.

Thanks. I enjoyed looking at them
    "Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."

Will Rogers

Thanks for taking the time to post these. I don't know if it's my bad google skills but i find it rather hard to find a lot of information on the Korean conflict. Your photos are a blessing.

Gary
    Some Gave All

Thanks for posting these. I am going to have to share them with my father in law. I have scanned what we could find of his slides from Korea, as well as what photos we could find, there aren't many. I believe he was there late 1953 or 1954, was there eighteen months.