Default 7.65 COURT 9 COUPS "UNIQUE" Pistol - Vet bring back

I just bought this pistol from the daughter of a WWII vet who was in the 101st screaming eagles. This was brought back in a nice Walther p.p. holster, with 2 mag's. I don't know much about these, except that they were made in France. Does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to take apart and clean these pistols? I don't think this one has ever been taken apart since the war.

CW, Nice looking Unique. To disassemble: Retract slide until it locks,engage the safety in the slot on the side of the slide, remove the magazine and check the chamber,leaving the slide retracted and locked. Grasp the barrel at the front and turn until it disengages from the seat. Retract the barrel thru the front of the slide. Holding the slide firmly,disengage the safety and ease the slide forward off the frame. Re-assemble in reverse order. Really simpler than it sounds.
    "Always tell the truth. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

Wow, that was easy! Thanks for the info!
    Last edited by Celtic Warrior; 09-25-2008 at 10:51 AM.

My father brought an identical Unique home from the war. His came in a canvas and leather flap holster made for it. When he passed away, my Brother got it and the Radom 9mm--I got the Norwegian Colt 45.
    I see these Uniques at some pretty stratospheric prices on Gunbroker...$900+!!
    Did you get the bringback paper with it? If not, you may want to contact the widow and see if she has it--adds alot to the worth. I found the paper for my Dad's, hand typed in France, and sent it to my Bro to keep with the pistol. I have the paper for the 45.
    Last edited by jeff barnes; 09-25-2008 at 03:16 PM.

The Unique 17 was the predacessor to the Kriegsmodell. Both have very good write-ups for dependability even though many were very rough. The major difference was the Kriegsmodell had an exposed hammer. That is the best condition Unique I have ever seen! It was very well taken care of! Congrats to you!

Dave

Thanks for the replies and info. I've decided to list in on Gunbroker and see how it does. I'm sure it will find a good home. Unfortunately, there was no paperwork that came with it. Only a Walther PP holster!

Click here to see the auction
    Last edited by Celtic Warrior; 09-29-2008 at 09:38 AM.
    Always buying German WWII military items!

Reichpapers Guest

Nice to see one that wasn't drug behind a truck and stored in water

Very nice Unique!!! Great condition.

Default Unique Court 9 coups

I got this gun from my grandpa, I try to find out its information but failed. Anyone can help me about this?

I've got one as well about 500 numbers off from yours!
    "If it ain't something, then it's something else," Robert Sherrill

Quote Originally Posted by gospodin View Post
    CW, Nice looking Unique. To disassemble: Retract slide until it locks,engage the safety in the slot on the side of the slide, remove the magazine and check the chamber,leaving the slide retracted and locked. Grasp the barrel at the front and turn until it disengages from the seat. Retract the barrel thru the front of the slide. Holding the slide firmly,disengage the safety and ease the slide forward off the frame. Re-assemble in reverse order. Really simpler than it sounds.
    Uh, make that, 'First - remove magazine and retract slide to check the chamber.....'

tac

update.... I finally figured out what type of pistol I have. this is a french made unique 7.65mm model 17 pistol. the nickel plating was done after the war (witch I found out it reduces the value.) the serial numbers on the gun are very low. no numbers that I have found even come close to my numbers. my serial numbers are 3364 and matching numbers of 449 on barel and slide. I was told I might have somthing special, any opinions? you can email me directly. I have more pics but having trouble trying to upload here. also willing to trade gun. I have a leather holster with two clips
    [email protected]
    Last edited by gmoney; 11-08-2009 at 02:36 PM.

Default Unique

The Unique was the French made version of the "Ruby" type pistols, which were made in Spain for the French in WWI. They are all basically scaled up copies of the Browning 1906. It was made by the French Firm, Manufacture dArmes de Pyrenees.

Ok. I first of all want to thank you guys for helping me figure out what I have here. I hope you don't mind a little story, I feel like I have to tell it and it may get a little chuckle out of some of you. My dad passed away in 2000 and as the only child I of course got all of his guns. I have had no problem figuring them out.....except for this one. No one could tell me what it was. For some stupid reason I never did a google search (which is what brought me here) but I'm glad I finally did lol. Anyway, I was sitting at the flea market today with a buddy who sells there all the time, just trying to get rid of a couple of pistols and rifles that I no longer wanted and I had brought this pistol with me to ask some of the regular gun sellers if they could help. Everyone I talked to told me it was junk and I should be able to get about 50 bucks for it. Well, I'm not selling any gun for 50 bucks so I decided to bring it home and Google it. I find out that my gun isn't in as bad of shape as I thought it was judging from these photos, and that it may have some history, which is more important to me than the monetary value. The only thing I am concerned with is that in the OP's photos there are a couple of nazi insignias stamped on the gun. Mine doesn't have that. My serial numbers are 3448 and the other stamps are matching 81's. That's pretty close to the serial number 3364 that someone mentioned a couple of posts above.

Like I said, I really appreciate the knowledge some of you have about this pistol and would love to learn more info if there is any. I don't have the capability of posting pics at the moment but if there is any interest I can do so later.

Thanks so much guys, you made my day!