Thread: FS: Finn/Russian WWI Maxim Ammo Can - ALL SOLD!

Arrow FS: Finn/Russian WWI Maxim Ammo Can - ALL SOLD!

Had some of these listed earlier in the year. These are some hard to find ones I meant to keep, but need $$. I have just learned there are no more imports. These are the last of the last!

1. Russian Maxim WWI/Finn Civil War + WWII can, POSSIBLY an early 1905 model, with METAL handle. All I've seem before or since had either a canvas or leather carrying handle. This has a handle made from about 3/8" rounded metal, that is in an elongated half recatangular shape that falls on either side of the can. I suspect this to be like the metal sling swivels on the early Mosins, that were discontintued after 1908 when it was found they'd stick to yout skin in the cold. Marked with SA Finn stencil.I'm not even sure if Dolf Goldsmith has seen one similar, at least for the Russian guns. This has full riveted sides, as per the WWI pattern. WWI cans I've seen have leather handles. Asking $40.00 + $9.80 Flat Priority Shipping. SOLD!

2.Finn. /Russian Capture Can with embossed star on sides and SA stamped on hasp and stenciled on side. This is a capture piece from either the Winter or Continuation War. Leather handle Hard to find. Asking $30+ $9.80 Flat Priority Shipping.SPF*

3. Finn Winter/ Continuation war can with early riveted lid and canvas "ersatz" handle. SA stencil and flat sides. Most handles are of leather. Asking $25 + $9.80 Flat Priority Shipping.SPF*

4. Finn Conitinuation war can, like above but stamped lid. Stenciled SA on lid, with canvas Ersatz handle. Asking $25 + $9.80 F.P. Ship.SPF*

Below is a typical Finn WWII can, stamped with leather handle to give an idea.
    These cans will hold around 400 rounds of Mosin ammo and are good for storage as well as collectable. Next to it is a shot of a Soviet Maxim with the Star embossed can like I'm selling, only mine has Finn capture markings. Figure these like the Finn captured Soviet rifles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails maxim.jpg  
    Last edited by tedley2; 10-09-2008 at 09:55 PM.
    "Whale; The Other White Meat."

Pics?
    Ahhh... I love the smell of cordite in the morning!
    -looking for WWII ammo made in Milwaukee or Eau Claire arsenals

I'll take this:
    "3. Finn Winter/ Continuation war can with early riveted lid and canvas "ersatz" handle. SA stencil and flat sides. Most handles are of leather. Asking $25 + $9.80 Flat Priority Shipping."
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticM39 View Post
    I'll take this:
    "3. Finn Winter/ Continuation war can with early riveted lid and canvas "ersatz" handle. SA stencil and flat sides. Most handles are of leather. Asking $25 + $9.80 Flat Priority Shipping."
    Thanks
    PM sent. Arctic39 is a return buyer. The above photo is a general shot of a WWII Finn can with a stamped lid. Differences are noted in descriptions. The Finn captured Soviet can is similar, but has an embossed star on the side, with lines above and below. I only have one and these are scarce with the Finn capture markings. Likewise, the WWI cans, which are all rivetted are scarce, and I've never seen one with a metal handle except this one, out of the many I've seen. Any Questions please ask.

Here's a link with something on the Finn use of Maxims through 1944;
    http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/MG1.htm
    Last edited by tedley2; 10-03-2008 at 01:29 PM.

I'll take 2 and 4.

Please send payment info.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    I'll take 2 and 4.

Please send payment info.
    Got your payment and will ship shortly.

NOTE TO ANYONE CONSIDERING THE LAST CAN;
    Here's something to give you an idea of what Soviet cans out of the Ukraine, WWII or later are bringing; http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info....oducts_id/2069

This is a WWI/Finn Civil War vintage can. If I don't have a buyer by next week I'll be putting it up for auction elsewhere.
    Last edited by tedley2; 10-08-2008 at 04:31 AM.

btt