Got The Food. Got The Gear. Got the Guns. Got The Beer. Oh Yes. Got the Ammo.

Thread: Got The Food. Got The Gear. Got the Guns. Got The Beer. Oh Yes. Got the Ammo.

Default Got The Food. Got The Gear. Got the Guns. Got The Beer. Oh Yes. Got the Ammo.

What kind of physical shape are you in? I plan to bug in. I am 69 and have gone back to the gym to get in better shape and strength. I also do my road work with my rucksack with 30 pounds of sand in it. Walking, not jogging, nor running. I try about 2 mile a days and , now I am slowing adding laps to circling the neighborhood. My goal is 5 miles.

Not matter what scenario I have seen commented upon, they all seem to say things will get more physically strenuous.
    Body toughness helps build mental toughness.

You fight like you train. Pain is weakness leaving the body.
    "Don't you have anything better to do than to troll gunboards"? Mauserboy48

"But broadly accurate, probably." Clyde

-produced by- Shameless Self-Promotions Inc. All rights reserved

I've got a Van, loaded with weapons,

packed up and ready to go

seriously, packed up for the gunshow this weekend,,
    what's so funny about peace love and understanding?

Yep. Gettin' old sucks. The warranty expires. The joints hurt. The martial arts practice results in "no pain no gain" replaced by "lots of pain for few gains.."

Part of the appeal of bicycles for the decrepit Home Guards was that marching killed 'em. Most efficient vehicle for trips up to 20 miles. I've got a few, including some that are modern-day equivalents of the low-maintenance m/Finne of yore. I can haul some gear tied to the handle bars, some stuff tied here and there to the frame, and a bicycle trailer that can haul 60 pounds of gear. Not enough to maintain a developed-nation life style, which most Malthusian "damn the hindmost" Absolut-preppars seem to think they can transport on roads clogged with traffic, but enough to get by... With a plan...

Otherwise, yeah, I'll be bugging in what with access to water supplies where I'm at. And I make my own beer, try to grow at least some food--nowhere near enough--and reload ammunition, although not enough for my current target shooting needs.
    Alle Kunst ist umsonst, Wenn ein Engel in das Zündloch prunst.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Exercise makes me feel better. I do a mile and 1/2 every day on a treadmill.
    "Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."

Will Rogers

i don't have much preserved food ready down, but i got a room filled with semi and full auto rifle, handguns and lots and lots of ammo. not bad.

Cool Old guys are not just old.....an unable.

Lost weight, lifting weights from begining of summer, stair stepper, bow flex, free weighs, curl bar, dum bell solar flex system....
    ....lost weight apx. 215 down to 193..last few months.
    Cut portions....increased pain and strength .....
    flat stomach reduced waste 36 to 33....another pain cause all genes I have are 36's...
    Can't increase arm size....too old I guess?
    But harder firmer all over.....in legs, stomach, shoulders, arms fore arms...

Too much Ammo, guns, rice, beans, frozen deer, beef, chicken, pork meats, canned meats, fishes.....stocked up tomorrow!
    Winter cloths, packs, traps ...reloading components have much.

Nass, nothing will give you more incentive to get in better shape than an affair with a much younger woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoots High View Post
    Nass, nothing will give you more incentive to get in better shape than an affair with a much younger woman.
    Not even zombies????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Shoots High View Post
    This is a good one!
    But nothing kills you faster. At least it might be a sweat death!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheniloiu View Post
    This is a good one!
    But nothing kills you faster. At least it might be a sweat death!

... especially if the wife finds out.
    Regards, Alan K.
    Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for gold or guns.

got sh*t load of food, ammo guns and every member of my family are excellent shooters.

Barring short term, or catastrophic weather emergencies we plan on staying put. I am late 50s, work out every day on the bowflex and walk the track at work. But do have two artificial hips, and some other arthritis to be concerned about. My wife has two artificial knees, and degenerative back problems, she could not walk long distances, especially carrying a backpack.
    Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ---- Josey Wales

This apocalypse mentality needs to seriously stop. Nothing wrong with being prepared for the worst, but lets be real, the zombies aren't coming! The hoards of marauding raiders aren't going to roll up on you. The mobs aren't coming brother! Need to let your paranoia stop controlling your life and get on with living. I've been around this earth for close to 70 years. Ain't seen the world end yet and I don't plan to for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney Smith View Post
    This apocalypse mentality needs to seriously stop. Nothing wrong with being prepared for the worst, but lets be real, the zombies aren't coming! The hoards of marauding raiders aren't going to roll up on you. The mobs aren't coming brother! Need to let your paranoia stop controlling your life and get on with living. I've been around this earth for close to 70 years. Ain't seen the world end yet and I don't plan to for a long time.
    Sidney Smith, have you not seen the documentary, Night of the Living Dead? It was filmed in western Pennsylvannia. It could happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by nassaulakes View Post
    Sidney Smith, have you not seen the documentary, Night of the Living Dead? It was filmed in western Pennsylvannia. It could happen again.
    Sir Smith is correct,

don't think about all those things you hear
    just be glad to be here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUIzq-HcNPA
    what's so funny about peace love and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by lagatah View Post
    got sh*t load of food, ammo guns and every member of my family are excellent shooters.
    Unless you plan on eating those guns and bullets, or start eating your fellow humans, it's time to start stocking up on long term food and water. See lots of people mentioning having food ready, but not much about water which is the most important part. Unless you have a well and a means to get water out of it if the power is out, your screwed.

Probably true but there are a lot more things going on that could make the need for food/water reserves a real thing. Another Katrina/Sandy, earthquake, extended power outages, etc'. Lots of natural disasters that could happen so it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

And then again, there is a company in Connecticut that just got permission to "experiment" with re-automation of dead brain cells. Have we not learned anything by watching SciFi? It's the first step to the apocalypse....

roaming hordes of any displaced people....can happen in natural disasters.

how local and city officals handle the "first to the last mounting problems by keeping the over all stress down till answers bring forth stability.

looking at Europe today...biggest migration not related to weather in recent history.
    Last edited by DK PHILLIPS; 02-14-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zombie.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	1971673

Years ago i started gathering up my bug out survival supplies ready to live off the land and fight a small war now I am 75 bad knees bad heart failing eyes etc. so now I will dig in here in my home and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by pgpipefitter View Post
    Years ago i started gathering up my bug out survival supplies ready to live off the land and fight a small war now I am 75 bad knees bad heart failing eyes etc. so now I will dig in here in my home and hope for the best.
    All of those supplies you gathered and rotated to keep fresh for all those years will preserve your family, your friends, and your neighbors in much better condition than they would be in if your shelves held nothing more than clean laundry.
    Regards, Alan K.
    Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for gold or guns.

Maybe, maybe not, but that's sort of like saying "my dog don't bite." Your dog don't bite you. We've enjoyed the peace and security in this land that many other peoples have not even dreamed of. One of these days that dog's gonna to bite - Us.

I've never prepared for any specific threat, military, civil, political or otherwise!

I did identify & prioritize likely threats, based on where I live. For example, flooding is unlikely here up on top of a hill, the area hasn't flooded in 200yrs. Because of that I don't have a boat.

My reasoning, right or wrong is to be as self sufficient & supplied as possible so that I KNOW with 100% certainty the only person who can't be induced into working against my best interests is me. No matter what the situation enlightened self-interest, training & "goodies" are better than just waiting for some unidentified "they" to "Hep me".
    “Americans talk a lot about the value of freedom, but are actually afraid of anyone who truly exhibits it”.
    : Billy (The kid / Dennis Hopper).

I've been on this earth ~ 4 decades, and I was in LA, modern America, during the riots in 1992 and there were hoards of marauding raiders and mobs. That left quite an impression on me.

Now, I've never been a natural disaster, myself, but I've seen the aftermath and talked to people who've lived through them. That also had an impression on me.

We've been having sporadic problems with electrical outages where I live. The power being out for a couple of hours is an inconvenience, the longer it's out, the deadlier it can become. Our society is based on electricity, and our grid is vulnerable for a whole host of reasons. Now imagine power being out not just a few hours, but days, weeks, months maybe even years because damage couldn't be fixed for whatever reason. It'll get ugly. Then, we'll have raiders, and mobs, desperate people who might as well be zombies.

The power went out for nearly six hours couple years ago - and I realized how unprepared I really was.

Is it paranoia or just being prepared for the world we currently find ourselves in?

The power went out for nearly six hours couple years ago - and I realized how unprepared I really was.

Is it paranoia or just being prepared for the world we currently find ourselves in?
    Where I live they were doing some kind of upgrade to a distribution transformer. We were notified weeks ahead that there would be no power for 5~10hours the day they did the upgrade.

People were rushing hither & yon when the power went off, dead on schedule.

I read the notice, noted the time & date on the calendar & had alternative things ready. By about one hour from shutdown everyone that came by to ask what had happened coincidentally had an empty coffee cup in their hand. I had made breakfast & coffee on my BBQ grill on the patio, so no its not paranoia to take reasonable precautions. If people get like this for pre scheduled routine outages imagine what they'll be like for an unannounced outage for real with no published re-start time!
    “Americans talk a lot about the value of freedom, but are actually afraid of anyone who truly exhibits it”.
    : Billy (The kid / Dennis Hopper).

i eat right, drink a lot of water, jug at noon twice a week. i look and feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by lagatah View Post
    i eat right, drink a lot of water, jug at noon twice a week. i look and feel good.
    Oh, how I'd LOVE to jug at noon, but there's a limited selection of gals in the office with the naturally bouncy kind I'd love to work with. Then there's the jealousy factor of those with aesthetically unsuitable configured jugs who would wreck it by complaining ...
    "Hey Look! We've got Guns ... and We've got Snacks!"
    - Cdr. Samuel "Sam" Axe, USN, (ret) -

I was campground host for a few summers in area of RV's and tent campers and you can not believe what people forget to bring camping.Now they are folks that have been out before so when things go bad and the other 99% of city folks try to get out of town or stay it will be hell.Look at Oroville area in CA a few month ago when everyone had to bug out many did not even have gas in their cars.That was a mess. I also remember Houston TX when they made the interstate only outbound and used all lanes, your not going to move fast and be with folks that are ill prepared for what is happening.After what I have seen happen I now am not sure bugging out is going to be the right thing much of the time.Good luck.
    Me I am 82 still work BUT not near as fast as when young. I am ready to bug out with my travel trailer all stocked up,BUT most likely would stay put if I can. To old to fight the unprepared on the road would just as soon fight them from the comfort of my well stocked home.
    If you climb in the saddle,be ready to ride.
    Last edited by repaircraftsvc; 03-23-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Evacuate if necessary, or if ordered to do so, but have alternate routes planned and try to go in a tangent away from the direction the majority is heading. For example, from my home in South Florida I pretty much have to evacuate heading north, but I might try heading west before turning north and thereby avoid taking I-95 or the Florida Turnpike. I have a concern (mentioned it previously in other threads) that terrorists could take advantage of a mass evacuation by cutting off choke points on the primary evacuation routes such as bridges and tunnels. Imagine the pandemonium if you were fleeing from dangerous conditions such as a storm or a fire only to have your route blocked leaving you and thousands of others vulnerable on the road. Oh, and welcome to Gunboards, repaircraftsvc. Looking forward to your continued participation.
    Regards, Alan K.

Here is my only worry in Phoenix area since we are not prone to having hurricanes,earthquakes,or tornadoes is they built the nuclear power plant west of the city. So if there is a problem there and with the prevailing winds that coming from the west we do not have much way to escape.West is I-10 that you could not use that leaves I-10 east that is running south at this point,I-17 north and US 60 east and some secondary roads. I can tell you that on a Friday night after work on a holiday week end that the Interstates are a slow mess and with one wreck come to a stop. Our only hope is that we might have a few days warning.
    So what do you do run or stay put and seal up your house and hope for the best.Do a web search for "Phoenix area evacuation" and see how little info there is to get over 4 million people out of the county.
    Speak your mind,but ride a fast horse.
    Last edited by repaircraftsvc; 03-23-2017 at 06:30 PM.

I got Bowflex SelectTech 552 adjustable dumbbells up to 52.5 lbs. They also save on space:

Since my Mountain Bikes are at the cabin (yes I forgot to bring them), I got a Best Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike (belt drive spinner bike). This sucker is as good if not better than what I have used at the gym. It is about twice as expensive as the better chain drive spinners I saw but then again you get what you pay for:

I also added a small spinning BIO Computer and mounted it to the bike. It works like a charm so I get the usual stats - calories, distance, cadence, speed and time. I tossed around the idea of getting one with a heart rate monitor and wrist band but I figure that is overkill. This one was $30 cheaper and does all I require.

With this much beer who needs food,guns,gear or ammo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BEER.jpg  

you need water
    this is my idea of 240 gallons of self replacing stored water

the water comes in from your meter or well flows through the tanks

then out to your house, if you lose water or power, the stored water is ready to drink

each tank has a valve on top to prevent air lock

and has a bypass the system

Attachment 2161586
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cee-3320.jpg  

Hello !

I have solar flex and bow flex equiptment and a straight bar with light weights, two stair stepers.
    Black to stay in shape....eating healthy 20 years now or better in many things.

As for water carry 230 gallons spring water twice yearly.....thread in sticky.
    Yes 50 gallon hot water tank too.
    Like the idea of a few in line water tanks with city water...
    Out side I cautch rain water in 50 gallon can for flushing.