MY CZ-82 is NOT drop safe - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MY CZ-82 is NOT drop safe

Quote Originally Posted by The Hayman View Post
    First I want to say I don't believe you are a troll or a liar. It is my understanding (and I may be wrong) that drop tests are generally muzzle down (I have searched for California specs for the test and failed to find the actual rules, just second hand statements as to the content, something like 20 feet muzzle down). If a hard rap on the hammer could fire the gun this test would not detect it. I also have to assume that if this was a common problem there would be more instances in the record than there are. I question the pencil test as evidence, I observed your video and replicated it with my CZ and was not convinced (i will try the with the Mac with the safety on next to see if I see a like result). If one wanted to really know if a rap to the hammer would set off a round they would put an empty primed case in the chamber and repeat the test, rather than a bouncing pencil that leaves no evidence of a visible strike. That would convince that your pistol, and possibly mine, has a problem. I have little faith in a smith that would make a determination based on the pencil test.
    You will not be able to replicate this with a Makarov. As there is absolutely no way of the hammer making contact wih the firing pin. Pertaining to the pencil test.. Besides observing movement, IF the firing pin does strike the pencil hard enough it will leave a small visible hole in the eraser. Although not super technical, this does prove contact.

If you drop a pencil on the floor eraser first it will bounce. If you drop it held in a gun barrel, when the gun hits the floor and stops, the pencil bounces. It works the same in the Mak with the safety on as the CZ, I tried both. Use a primed case for your test, and if it were me, I'd start looking for a better gunsmith.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hayman View Post
    If you drop a pencil on the floor eraser first it will bounce. If you drop it held in a gun barrel, when the gun hits the floor and stops, the pencil bounces. It works the same in the Mak with the safety on as the CZ, I tried both. Use a primed case for your test, and if it were me, I'd start looking for a better gunsmith.
    I guess you missed the part about the hole in the eraser. I'm honestly done with this. I'm done doing tests or having people look at it. I now know what happened. If you don't believe me then that's fine. Or if you want to do further testing then be my guest, but I'm done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123