1955 91-30 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1955 91-30

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    Congrats on snagging a rare bird! Total number is unknown but some guesstimates are no more than 100. There is a thread on these in the wayback:
    http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...91-30-question

Pahtu, I wish we were closer together, I would LEND you my Romanian, Albanian, and Hungarian for a high quality photo shoot. I wish I had your skills with pics...
    Thanks.

Going on an extended road trip this Summer, Northern States first, Eastern States second, South and Southwestern states then back home.

Keep me in mind, I will be traveling down through the Southwest....

Pahtu.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Glad this thread came up. thanks Pahtu. I also have a Romanian 91/30. Serial number AC5008, with mismatched bolt B05060. I will post pics. when I clear the foot and a half of snow off my deck.

My rifle with it's mismatched bolt will not accept the stripper clips. The unique trigger set up will not allow the bolt to come back far enough to clear the stripper notches in the receiver; thus it is a single loader and a cartridge has to be placed with the rim in front of the bolt face in order to feed. Does yours work the same way?

Thanks, Frank
    I have tinkered with the rifle just a little bit, seems the bolt is as you described. Wonder why they made them this way?

Pahtu.

I wonder if there were special bolts for these; does anyone have a rifle with a matching numbered bolt? The few I have seen have mismatched bolts (regular N/M bolts). If a matching bolt allows use of the magazine, we may be able to modify normal bolts to work. Or maybe they were designed to be single shot rifles for target shooting?

Frank

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations on your latest fing Gary. I see you have made some recent upgrades to the Devil's Trident Denny

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    Congratulations on your latest fing Gary. I see you have made some recent upgrades to the Devil's Trident Denny
    Only a veteran member would remember that....

Gary.

I'll be posting mine soon. Interestingly it has the floorplate from this one on it:

http://imageevent.com/willyp/russian...mosin9130m1944.

Frank, Steve K posted about his a while ago. He has your buttplate on his rifle, AC5008 on rifle AC5055.

That is good to know - Gut feeling tells me there are very few of these in the good ole USA - You never see the Romanian nor Albanian rifles posted and the Hungarian 91-30s get posted, but rarely see them as well.

Pahtu.

I think there are less than 100 total worldwide based on observer serials. Maybe 60. I have examined 1 other than my own. Both are import marked as "CAI Russian 91-30s" in small barrel stamping s. Bore condition on both were not good and may have been used heavily for target practice. Mine is a PU sniper copy as came that way with a low price due to bore.

Here is my Hungarian 91/30 non sniper which are supposed to be even more rare here in the States. Tanks to a friend I also have the full assortment of accessories.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by capt14k; 04-21-2017 at 10:21 AM.

That's an amazing rifle pahtu, but im sure you already knew that lol

Steve K's butt plate AC5008 is interesting as my Romanian AC5008 has a matching AC5008 butt plate with no evidence of force matching or renumbering. Also has the C in a triangle mark.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by milsurpsupreme View Post
    That's an amazing rifle pahtu, but im sure you already knew that lol
    Thanks!

Pahtu.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12