Gunboards Forums banner

New Universal Capper

4K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  Zbigu 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
If it works, I'll buy one.

I complained to Pietta that it was difficult to cap my Pietta 1851 Navy & they sent me a capper to try. I just recently sent them my evaluation, however, loading their capper sucks every bit as much as most other cappers, since caps fall over too easily while loading the capper. The sample they sent me would work just fine, but the spring cap holders are too far apart & the cap falls out when inverted.

#3 ·
There is no possibility to fall over any type of caps in this universal capper. The space is 4.8mm and all cappers from 3.8mm high to 4.6mm high are sliding on the floor and not fall over. It is also very easy to load it just add cappers and make sure they are standing before closing the lid then just use it till the last one and the capper is empty. Great invention solving all issues we have at this moment.

Cheers,
Zbigu

#4 ·
Short update,
View attachment 1907057

There will be logo and serial number on each capper. Availability world wide in the late February 2017. There will be two models at the beginning, 100% brass produced using milling CNC technology and second assembled from parts. There is new locking mechanism as shown on the picture above.
There will be detailed operating manual and presentation for each model on YouTube polishcappers channel.
Keep watching and see you soon.

best regards,
Zbigu

#5 ·
#6 · (Edited)
I disliked the cappers I've tried, but maybe this new model will be the answer to the maiden's prayer. I prefer to just use my fingers to place the cap on the nipple, and then push the cap down with a short piece of wood dowel. This works for revolvers or long guns. If I accidently drop a cap due to butterfingers, then I just leave in on the ground and forget it.

Much of my shooting is with an 1863 Springfield which takes musket caps, which are enough larger to be easy to handle - and I've never heard of a capper for them.

I will be anxious to see a video of the capper - showing it being filled and used to cap a .36 cal revolver.

#8 ·
How is the lid secured to the capper body? In one video there was a elastic band (?) you removed to open the capper to load it. Is vthis what holds it together, or is there a securing screw or latch?

Once a cap is loaded into the dispensing end, is there a spring or retainer keeping it in place so it doesn't fall out prior to loading onto a nipple?

#9 · (Edited)
Well there is early stage prototype on first 3 parts of video from December.

Now we completely upgrade this universal capper and the latest one is shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STf_rFyWfVQ

The lid is 1mm thick and is open/close by special knob screw. Please watch this video carefully and you will see how perfectly it is designed and work with different percussion caps. The final version will be available in our internet store www.polishcappers.com

best regards,
polishcappers

Latest short movie with a lot of upgrades here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STf_rFyWfVQ

#15 ·
#18 ·
Hello, Yes you can wait for reviews. The price is in PLN but during ordering when you pay by credit card or PayPal you are paying in your local currency. If you are from USA you will pay in US$. Simple every day the price is different is fixed in PLN and depends on the currency rate. The delivery worldwide is also fixed 15pln to any country, US, UK, Australia doesn't matter. You can check our Facebook page there is a USA map with the places we already sold our cappers. We will update it once per month. It is interesting to see our capper is spread over entire USA ;).

Answering last questions: Yes the difference between PCA and PCB series is only engravings Just logo or White Eagle and logo. Next year we will introduce next model for Colt users as well.

Cheers,

polishcappers.com

If you have any particular questions you can use our contact form on our page.

#21 ·
I picked up one a month or so ago. It's some really nice craftsmanship. Holds caps tight, doesn't fall out, fits the notches in the cylinder tight. I like mine, if you have a 1858 and are looking for a capper I would get one. I've had the stick type ones and ended up in the bottom of my tool box, more of a pain to load up and use then it was worth. For the price I think this one is a good product. And I'm not affiliated with the producer, heck I'm not even Polish.

#22 ·
Am I the only one that thinks since the OP is the seller/manufacturer of this capper that it should be in the sponsor section of the forum? Are we allowed buy/sell here? Just my thoughts and I'm wrong often

#24 ·
You are right toot if you can do it with your fingers is ok but during winter time many people suffer to do it without good capper. If there is freezing cold weather than you probably know how difficult is to cap Remington New Army or if you use gloves as well. This capper is solving all issues and as NODAKDAD wrote it is really nice capper.

The main goal creating this capper is to help in such a situations when you simply cannot use your fingers to cap your revolver and you want to shoot. ;)

Cheers,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.