Default Vector's Uzi Long Barrel to Short barrel

If I buy one of Vector's Uzi's which come with the long barrel, it is easy to convert it to a SBR or does one have to find and purchase an SBR in the first place?

Obviously, if the LB to SB worked, I wouldn't put a SB on it until it was legal to do so (Class III permit obtained).

You can find the SBR barrels but they are usually around $100.00. After your paperwork clears you could shorten your original barrel legally if you wanted to. Cut it on a lathe and re-crown it.
    Adios Amigos,
    Capt. Zorro

i just added a fake can to cover the long barrell on mine .
    Last edited by slayr15; 10-09-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Yeah, I pulled some bucks I had in mutual funds out and bought a class 3 UZI SMG. Glad I did now, at least I've got something to show for my money...
    Adios Amigos,
    Capt. Zorro

Where did you get the fake can? I've seen people posting about how they have one but I have not found a source for one. The one you have looks awesome.

i made the fake can myself ! a piece of alum stairway railing i took off a job site and some nylon stock and turned the nylon down on a lathe epoxyed the nylon in the ends of the cut railing drilled a set screw to to keep things in place then hi temp spraypaint (for bbq grills nice flat black looks like park) and walla.

Cool Very Cool!

Hello all. That is one SWEET looking Uzi! Geez, Now I have to get one! LOL!

Numrich had semi-auto 10" barrels last I checked.

Abbreviated version. File your Form 1, do the stuff it tells you, wait a while, get the stamp back, order the barrel, install, and you're good to go.

It's worth every penny if you live in a SBR-able state.

The irony, of course, is that the Uzi reigned supreme in the house for a short period of time in the pistol caliber carbine.

Then I made the mistake of wanting a MP5K, and found one of the last Vector ones in 9mm.

Beware. One SBR means you will buy more. I'm up to four now.