Received my book: "The Makarov Pistol"

Thread: Received my book: "The Makarov Pistol"

Default Received my book: "The Makarov Pistol"

I just received the book, "The Makarov Pistol", that I ordered from Edwin H. Lowe Publishing (also on Amazon, I believe). It appears to be a very nice summary of the Makarov and related markings, dates, parts and versions. I always try to collect books about the guns that I buy as it makes it more fun to be knowledgeable about my collecting. As a newbie to Maks, I recommend that fellow Mak enthusiasts obtain a copy. The authors are fellow board members and contributors and I believe in supporting them. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3242.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	300.9 KB 
ID:	1891874

Yep, a great read. I'm waiting on the second edition on the Bulgarian and the Chinese Mak.

Roger that. Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

jlag19, thank you for the kind words. Cameron and I are hard at work on Vol. 2. Research on the Bulgarians has been a bear! ABTOMAT

to Brown and White!
    And...when I kick the bucket, my heirs can figure out why I have so many of the same pistol, by reading the books (I will have both volumes).

Quote Originally Posted by jlag19 View Post
    I just received the book, "The Makarov Pistol", that I ordered from Edwin H. Lowe Publishing (also on Amazon, I believe). It appears to be a very nice summary of the Makarov and related markings, dates, parts and versions. I always try to collect books about the guns that I buy as it makes it more fun to be knowledgeable about my collecting. As a newbie to Maks, I recommend that fellow Mak enthusiasts obtain a copy. The authors are fellow board members and contributors and I believe in supporting them. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3242.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	300.9 KB 
ID:	1891874

I'm glad you like the book. ABTOMAT and I appreciate the support. We are working diligently on Volume 2 which will have in depth information on Chinese, Bulgarian and Khyber Pass versions.
    co-author of The Makarov Pistol Soviet Union & East Germanyby Brown and White 2016
    Makarovbook.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    I'm glad you like the book. ABTOMAT and I appreciate the support. We are working diligently on Volume 2 which will have in depth information on Chinese, Bulgarian and Khyber Pass versions.
    My pleasure and I look forward to Volume 2. Also, congratulations on getting published. No small feat, I am certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gents I also have this and have already read it; twice. Great job guys, and I'll be looking for volume II !!

I've bought two of the books and am really looking forward to volume II. There is also a Kindle version that I find to be very handy and did just about all of my reading from.

Hi guys, Ill order the book asap, BTW, I was a good friend of the War Minister of Peru in the 70s, in 1972 Raul Castro visited Peru and presented to the Minister a Mak in a special case with holster, magazines and belts, on the left grip theres a silver plaque with the dedication of the gun to the Minister...as he was my friend and knew Im a gun lover he gave the pistol to me
    pic below

I am an international Gunboards patron

Looks like a terrific book.

Does it cover the Ishevsk Baikal Russian models?

Thanks.

Great book. First in-depth document I'm aware of with detailed information on the MAK. Anxiously awaiting the follow-on!

Very nice raul!
    I'm always looking for rare varieties of 9x18 ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by raul View Post
    Hi guys, Ill order the book asap, BTW, I was a good friend of the War Minister of Peru in the 70s, in 1972 Raul Castro visited Peru and presented to the Minister a Mak in a special case with holster, magazines and belts, on the left grip theres a silver plaque with the dedication of the gun to the Minister...as he was my friend and knew Im a gun lover he gave the pistol to me
    pic below

Raul, that is some serious history right there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by North Bender View Post
    Very nice raul!
    Yes, I would agree. VERY nice. So nice, it's a shame to have it only as a post and not a tread itself. How about it NB?

Nice treasure you have there. Send the cat if you don't want it , ha, ha...Beautiful cat. Spad

Im not into USSR guns ,but a long life in this passion of ours gave me the chance of getting some pieces like the Mak; let me add another one....around 92 or 93 we had an important gun show organized in Buenos Aires, city in which I live; special invitations were sent and one of the VIPs that came to the event was Mr. Kalashnikov himself, nice and affable guy, well the case is that his entourage brought a few pieces and I got the one I specially wanted, it is the PSM pistol in cal. 5.45x18, very rare in my neck of the woods, for you to see it Im posting below the pics...

Other side of the PSM

The round for the PSM is the first of the left...5.45,.25,.32acp and 9mm

Amazing collection, Raul. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by raul View Post
    pic below

Totally awesome!

Raul, That other Mak, the slab sided one is awesome and getting to meet the AK man himself was a rare thing. Thanks for the posts on the Mak, really appreciated. Spad

Outstanding piece of work! THANK YOU! I just bought a neat 1962 EG & found an appropriately well-used TGL 1965 Holster! Two thumbs up on your work! Ready for the Bulgy & Chinese book! Dave

Yes, it covers Baikal in some depth! Nicely-done! Buy It! Dave

Nice pistols Raul.....I have been trying to acquire a PSM but no luck so far.Back in the day,it was not uncommon for Communist countries to hand out firearms during trade delegation visits etc,presumably to curry favour with politicians they hoped to do business with.I recently saw a Shotgun down here given as such a gift,an early 70's Baikal IJ-25 under/over 12 gauge skeet gun,it had a similar small silver plaque pinned to the stock and appeared to be in unfired condition,probably the person who received it had no interest in shooting and it ended up being sold off by his family or estate.I really should have brought it,but I just don't need another shotgun.The IJ-25 was a rare gun not that many were made, compared to all the field guns Baikal made.

I just scored my copy of the book from Amazon. Can't wait to get into it!

Wow! If I knew of a way to get that Makarov from Argentina to the U.S., I would make you a serious offer for it! At the very least, a photo of it should be in the Makarov book. Would you please get together with the authors and arrange that? Any possibility of getting more photos of the pistol and the presentation plaque?

I very much like presentation pieces and have quite a few from Vietnam and one bringback from Korea, a Mosin 91 that a General brought back and presented to his son. You are quite fortunate to have such a nice piece. Congratulations!

sksnut, Im open to let the authors get the pictures or any graphic material about this gun, they can contact me anytime.

raul, please consider making a separate post concerning your Makarov and ammunition. You have buried this interesting piece in a thread on a completely different subject and that makes it difficult to locate in the future.
    I'm always looking for rare varieties of 9x18 ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Coffee View Post
    Looks like a terrific book.

Does it cover the Ishevsk Baikal Russian models?

Thanks.
    yes

received my book this evening. very good reference book!