B-West Stainless Makarov IJ70-17AS info needed

Thread: B-West Stainless Makarov IJ70-17AS info needed

Default B-West Stainless Makarov IJ70-17AS info needed

I just obtained a B-West imported Makarov model IJ70-17AS. The gun appears to be stainless steel. Anyone have info on this model in .380acp. I think it is rather uncommon. Anyone else hear have this model?

Thanks
    Brian Stewart

This topic comes up a couple times per year. If you do a search of the forum with the word "stainless" you will find a good deal of discussion and information. Always wanted one of those but the prices have gone higher than I'm willing to pay. They are rather uncommon and I think all were in 380.

Just searching "stainless" didn't help me much. I eventually found this thread, which does not provide a definitive answer. Consensus seems to be that the B-West guns were plated, not stainless.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...inless+Makarov

And yet another thread:

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...inless+Makarov

There are others. Use the advanced search feature and type in "stainless Makarov."

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Also try Black Sea Makarov. Most opinion has since I have been around they are plated not stainless, don't think anyone has a definite stainless version.
    Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ---- Josey Wales

TENNESSEEAN is offline Super Moderator / Diamond Bullet with oak leaves member

Black Sea Navy has nothing to do with this question. This has been around for a long time and as yet no has proven that a stainless version of Maks exist. Chrone, satin nickle yes but no stainless.
    Appalachain American

A magnet will not attract to the slide or frame just like stainless steel on my B-west IJ70-17AS. That is why I assumed it was stainless steel.