Feg AP 7.65 extractor removal

Thread: Feg AP 7.65 extractor removal

Default Feg AP 7.65 extractor removal

Hi everyone. I just got this and have yet to fire it. I'm waiting on lighter hammer spring and recoil springs.
    i know it's identical to the Pa63 except for the round that it fires.
    so, when pushing the extractor plunger back with a pick, it seems like there's not enough room for the extractor to pop out, because the pick that I'm using has a bit of a thick body.
    ive tried to gently pry up from the backside with my pick in there holding the plunger back, but I've not had any luck. I had no problems with a P64 that I had, but this guy has me stumped.
    any tips?
    thanks

You can look online and see how to remove the safety decocker lever. The sring for the extractor also preloads the tension on the safety lever. Be carefull as there is either a small pin or ball that works with the detents on the lever to hold it in place. I will say that it may be easier to reasseble by putting the safety in the slide and then work the other parts in from the extractor end.

Quote Originally Posted by lincen View Post
    You can look online and see how to remove the safety decocker lever. The sring for the extractor also preloads the tension on the safety lever. Be carefull as there is either a small pin or ball that works with the detents on the lever to hold it in place. I will say that it may be easier to reasseble by putting the safety in the slide and then work the other parts in from the extractor end.
    Well I did look online, and saw Norm Suttons remarks about having to remove the extractor first BEFORE the safety/ decocker and firing pin are removed.
    Im just can't get the extractor out.....
    Thanks for the tips about the plunger. I know about those, and I'm wanting to smooth the safety detent plunger to make my very stiff safety a bit more manageable.
    i did all of this on my CZ 70, and had no problem removing the extractor and smoothing the detent plunger.
    This thing's really hard compared to the CZ!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

There is also a YouTube video from a gunsmithing institute that does a complete disassembly of a PA-63. The video is also for the Walther PP but they use the FEG as it is so similar . I have used the method several times and have had minimal problems. Old gands and old eyes mainly. The trick is holding the firing pin back with a slender punch, rotating the safety lever to it's mid point and it will wiggle out. That when the parts fly out. I use a big clear plastic bag.