What condition of readiness do your carry your Makarov?

Thread: What condition of readiness do your carry your Makarov?

Default What condition of readiness do your carry your Makarov?

I have always carried mine in condition 2. However after reading the post on the CZ 82, I am not so sure anymore. Opinions?

Since the Makarov has a rebounding hammer, I carry with one in the chamber and safety off. I have carried it this way for several years. And drop tests have shown that the Makarov is safe even with its free floating firing pin; simply not enough mass to ignite a primer. And they dropped the pistol from much higher distances than would happen if dropped from your hand or holster to the ground.

Safety on. One in the pipe.
    "You'd know what it is if you needed one!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

TENNESSEEAN is offline Super Moderator / Diamond Bullet with oak leaves member

One in the chamber, safety off, and when I carried CZ-82, 83's in the past I carried them the same way.
    Appalachain American

Ditto. Either Makarov or CZ82; round in chamber, hammer down, safety off, ready for DA.
    Always looking for interesting 7.62x25 Tokarev and 7.63 Mauser cartridges!!!
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

Me too
    "Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."

Will Rogers

Safety off, chamber loaded.

.380 Russian Izhevsk, single-stack.

Northwest Ohio, about five miles from Lake Erie

Loaded, hammer down, and locked.

I have practiced clearing the safety during the draw a lot.

1994 Arsenal-marked 9X18 Bulgarian.

Round chambered, safety off.

Same as above for the past 16 years.
    Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ---- Josey Wales

One-Two One-Two Boogie Woogie Avenue, Minnesota

When I did carry it, I had one in the pipe and flipped the safety off after inserting it into the holster. I no longer carry my Mak due to an injury making it hard to grip the slide. I carry an LC9S now because it is easier to rack the slide for me, and I treat it the same. Flip the safety off after inserting it into the holster. I am used to shooting and handling my carry piece this way from back when I carried my Sig 226 (had no manual safety).
    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."
    Edmund Burke - 1770

Quote Originally Posted by GyMac View Post
    Round chambered, safety off.
    Ditto.

OP from the CZ-82 thread here. Just to be clear, I had no intention of scaring anyone from trusting their Makarovs. I own several true Maks(Russian, German, Bulgarian, etc) and I trust each one with my life. As mentioned, what happened on my CZ isn't possible on a Makarov due to it's rebounding hammer(Among other safety mechanisms). They have passed all official drop tests to go along with years of flawless service. I carry mine in condition 2, as well. Carry with confidence.

18 Years in condition 2, no problems.

One in the pipe, safety off.

Condition 2
    Laugh hard and often.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo6 View Post
    Loaded, hammer down, and locked.

I have practiced clearing the safety during the draw a lot.

1994 Arsenal-marked 9X18 Bulgarian.
    Same here.

TENNESSEEAN is offline Super Moderator / Diamond Bullet with oak leaves member

Quote Originally Posted by StlMakGuy24 View Post
    OP from the CZ-82 thread here. Just to be clear, I had no intention of scaring anyone from trusting their Makarovs. I own several true Maks(Russian, German, Bulgarian, etc) and I trust each one with my life. As mentioned, what happened on my CZ isn't possible on a Makarov due to it's rebounding hammer(Among other safety mechanisms). They have passed all official drop tests to go along with years of flawless service. I carry mine in condition 2, as well. Carry with confidence.
    First off this discussion is not going to be continued here. Second thing the CZ 82/83's also have a rebounding hammer.
    Appalachain American

Thanks! Think I will continue with condition 2

Quote Originally Posted by TENNESSEEAN View Post
    First off this discussion is not going to be continued here. Second thing the CZ 82/83's also have a rebounding hammer.
    What are you even talking about? He mentioned it in his original post. I thought rebounding hammer means it's not able to make contact wih firing pin? Perhaps I was wrong. Btw I stayed on topic and was hoping me adding that could help. I get it bud. You obviously don't like me and think I'm a liar. Pretty childish behavior for a moderator if ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by StlMakGuy24 View Post
    What are you even talking about? He mentioned it in his original post. I thought rebounding hammer means it's not able to make contact wih firing pin? Perhaps I was wrong. Btw I stayed on topic and was hoping me adding that could help. I get it bud. You obviously don't like me and think I'm a liar. Pretty childish behavior for a moderator if ask me.
    I think TENNESSEEAN just meant that the prior thread was thorough enough and need not be continued here. I read your OP on the CZ82 and certainly don't think you're lying about any of it. I don't think you would have gone to all of that trouble (and even do a YT video) if you weren't concerned about the safety of other CZ82 users, and I appreciated it very much.
    Take care.