Thread: Dutch Hembrug carbine.

Default Dutch Hembrug carbine.

II snagged three bring back rifles today..all came from one old vets collection. One of the rifles is a Dutch Hembrug 1918. The sn#2850L is stamped on top of receiver. All parts match..bolt stamped 2850 and rest of parts stamped with the last two digits of the sn#..50. The large crown W cartouche is very legible. Bayo lug and sling swivels present..upper handguard is to about an inch to the rear of front sight. The carbine has a strong..but dirty bore, metal exterior is pretty good, stock is fine..the wood covering the left side of mag is present. No cleaning rod. I paid $200 for it and was wondering if that was a reasonable deal?

Sounds very good to me, usually on the auction sites they bring about $350, and same at local gunshows. Matching is a big plus, but the missing mag-cover wood might hurt it a bit.

Nick is offline Super Moderator/Diamond Bullet member

Quote Originally Posted by Vaarok View Post
    .. the missing mag-cover wood might hurt it a bit.
    What missing mag cover? He says "the wood covering the left side of mag is present".
    "It's impossible to grasp the boundless" - Kozma Prutkov

"Бросая в воду камешки, смотри на круги, ими образуемые; иначе такое бросание будет пустою забавою." - Козьма Прутков

"A який чоловiк горилку не пье - то вiн або хворий, або подлюка." - Невідомий українець

The mag cover wood is on this one..it was one of the identifiers when I was looking up this particular example.

I thought the wooden fairing covered both sides of the magazine? Or is it just supposed to be on the one side? I remember they're for bicycle troops or such, and it's meant to keep the mag from digging into the troopers back, but I thought they were symmetrical.

On the left side only to eliminate rubbing by sharp edges.

"Бросая в воду камешки, смотри на круги, ими образуемые; иначе такое бросание будет пустою забавою." - Козьма Прутков

"A який чоловiк горилку не пье - то вiн або хворий, або подлюка." - Невідомий українець

Default 1918 Hembrug pics.

Last edited by coneten; 09-06-2009 at 10:07 PM.

What is the value of a "long" Hembrug rifle vs. the carbine? I understand that the majority of the carbines were cut down rifles. Are the long guns any more scarce or valuable?

As we all know, the value depends mainly on the condition of the gun. But everything else being equal, long rifles are indeed more expensive than most carbines (not all). It is hard to buy a long gun for less than $400-$450 - at least for me. Some people may have more luck, though.

Yeah Wayne that's a good price. I think I gave $225.00 for one in about the same shape last year. We don't see them too often around here.
    Adios Amigos,
    Capt. Zorro

Default ammo

you can make ammo from 303 british and sarco has the clips,chargers what ever for little money 3 for 10