Ernst Thalmann rollmark

Thread: Ernst Thalmann rollmark

Default Ernst Thalmann rollmark

Gents, experts, and Mak lovers,
    I have the opportunity to acquire an EG Makarov in what appears to be excellent condition with 5 magazines, and a few boxes of ammo. My question is about the rollmarks. From what I understand the importer is the one who had discretion on what was stamped into the slide as it pertains to import marks. This example has the following.

Makarov Cal. 9x18 RUKO Products
    Made By Ernst Thalmann Buffalo, NY
    Suhl, Germany

Date of mfg is 1960. All in all it is in excellent shape from I can tell, apologize about the lack of photo evidence. If I pick it up I will def post it up.

Looking at about a $410-420 dollar deal for all of the above mentioned. It looks really clean, I am just not a fan of the "look at me import" marks. I already own an EG Mak albeit with slightly more wear on it but clean slide with discreet import marks. Question is I really do not need this gun, but would like to fancy myself a Mak collector eventually. Should I pick this up? Is it a fair deal? He already came down his $500 starting price to $410. What do you guys think? What would you do?

I have the infamous RUkO stamp on my 1965 EG also. Got mine in 1992-93. I will have to defer to the other guys on if that is a good price or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mabry View Post
    I have the infamous RUkO stamp on my 1965 EG also. Got mine in 1992-93. I will have to defer to the other guys on if that is a good price or not.
    What did you pay back then if you don't mind me asking? Probably no where near what they are going for now, lol. I was born too late to get into the milsurp collecting game lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

That's the short version RUKO billboard. So, not too bad. W/5 mags + ammo, good price to me. I'd love to have an otherwise excellent finish EG shooter.
    I gave $400 for a 95% CAI tic-tac-toe marked '60 (at least RUKO is uniform) w/2 mags. Great performer and companion.

I think I payed $160-170. Which at that time was too much! I later found out from the makarov forum when it was on a different site that the were apparently going for $100'when they were first imported here. Times have changed

Quote Originally Posted by martinbanner View Post
    That's the short version RUKO billboard. So, not too bad. W/5 mags + ammo, good price to me. I'd love to have an otherwise excellent finish EG shooter.
    I gave $400 for a 95% CAI tic-tac-toe marked '60 (at least RUKO is uniform) w/2 mags. Great performer and companion.
    Here is the long version of the RUKO import. I paid $100. but that was years ago. Slide is marked Ernst-Thalmann,Suhl but hard to see in this blurry picture. The importers marks are actually blued, the flash from the camera makes it look like bare metal. I don't know if the slide was reblued after importers marks were added or if RUKO just used cold bluing on the import markings.

Last edited by bvd1; 01-26-2017 at 01:17 AM.

Sounds like a great bargain. 5 mags x $25ea = $125. 2 boxes of ammo x $12 = $24. Do the math.
    My idea of border control is m-60 machineguns every 100yds with interlocking fields of fire.

It's a good deal
    "Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."

Will Rogers

TENNESSEEAN is offline Super Moderator / Diamond Bullet with oak leaves member

These days and time with the extras that's a good deal, the days when we were buying them for $100 dollars and if you bought 3 or more free shipping are over. Wish I had bought more then.
    Appalachain American

Thanks for the input guys, you made this decision very easy for me. You guys rock. Will be sure to post up some pics when I get her in my hands. Cheers.

Well the seller backed out. Go figure. If I did not already have an EG Mak without rollmarks I would be a bit more upset about it considering it was a good deal, but we are all God's children.