Gunboards Forums banner

1910 Ross Sniper

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Seaforth72 
#1 ·
#3 ·
This was mine, it was sold to a Canadian who wanted to repatriate it! I tried to clearly state that it wasn't an original... had several people email me asking why, several people said they thought it was original etc. The buyer agreed it wasn't an original sniper (too many inconsistencies with other known examples). It's definitely a neat piece though, and must have been a high quality, vintage conversion!

#4 ·
I purchased it as a clone to represent the type. The original Ross sniper rifles are extremely rare and out of my price range, even if one was offered for sale. I have WWII and post-WWII Canadian sniper rifles in my collection and this provides a representation of the WWI types. I already have a U.S. issue Warner & Swasey Model of 1913 Musket Sight (sniper Scope) (now spare) and was looking for a mount so that I could have a clone made up, and then this almost complete clone popped up. The clone is coming to Richmond , BC, Canada.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.