Put 136 rds. through my Bulgy today and guess what?....

Thread: Put 136 rds. through my Bulgy today and guess what?....

Default Put 136 rds. through my Bulgy today and guess what?....

....It worked flawlessly as usual. I put 50rds of S&B, 50rds of MFS, 20rds of Underwood 95gr. XTP and 19rds of Hornady Critical Defense. Believe it or not, this was the first time I've shot S&B brand 9x18. It seemed the most mild of the bunch, but shot good. The MFS was sparky, but also shot good. Underwood was also nice, but the Hornady shot the tightest groups. Got home, cleaned the pistol and then loaded both mags with Hornady CD. Don't pick on me Martin, I know I'm fickle with ammo.

Oh man, I was going through my 9x18 stash and found that I had some Red Army brass cased 9x18 made in Poland. I completely forgot that I had it. I really wanted to try that out, too :-(
    Next time, I guess.

S & B has always worked well in my Maks
    "Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."

Will Rogers

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Everything seems to work well in a Mak! At least everything I can get cheap has run through my five pistols without a hitch, even my P64's and CZ 82's are the same.

Ouch Makacc. It was just good natured ribbing in the past. I think Hornady flex tip is the best standard load 9x18 self D ammo out there. Reliable. Consistent. You've probably gathered by now, though, I'm a fan of Underwood XTP, 95 gr., for the energy developed by the cartridge (21# rc spring), shot placement and double tap, as my SD drill. Personal choices, eh. It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by ibmikey View Post
    Everything seems to work well in a Mak! At least everything I can get cheap has run through my five pistols without a hitch, even my P64's and CZ 82's are the same.
    I've been shooting at an indoor range that doesn't allow steel cased ammo, so I've been picking up brass cased ammo wherever I find it at a fair price. I need to find another outdoor range to burn up a good bit of steel cased ammo that's been sitting around for a while. Not to mention I'm having a harder time picking up the small sights on the Mak in the low light setting of an indoor range.

Quote Originally Posted by martinbanner View Post
    Ouch Makacc. It was just good natured ribbing in the past. I think Hornady flex tip is the best standard load 9x18 self D ammo out there. Reliable. Consistent. You've probably gathered by now, though, I'm a fan of Underwood XTP, 95 gr., for the energy developed by the cartridge (21# rc spring), shot placement and double tap, as my SD drill. Personal choices, eh. It's all good.
    I know it was all in good humor, Martin, I was just bustin' your chops. What is your go to plinking/target ammo? Or do you just get whatever you can, like I do?
    Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaccurateone View Post
    I know it was all in good humor, Martin, I was just bustin' your chops. What is your go to plinking/target ammo? Or do you just get whatever you can, like I do?
    Take care.
    Just for the fun of running rounds, I seem to like Monarch (Academy's Barnaul) w/free ship. I also like Geco. But...I have left over boxes of many kinds of magnetic, from previous buys, as I use up older "inventory", plinking reactive targets or coffee cans and lids at distance. Recently found a box of Norinco at the pawn shop, so there's that when the weather warms up. The Mak is a renaissance gun and eats it all. Never have shot Tula. Don't see any sense in paying for CCI or Winchester these days, but have shot them. There was a post, a while back, where the OP asked what we'd shoot for target accuracy @ 10 yds. and my answer was FTX and my EG. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by martinbanner View Post
    Just for the fun of running rounds, I seem to like Monarch (Academy's Barnaul) w/free ship. I also like Geco. But...I have left over boxes of many kinds of magnetic, from previous buys, as I use up older "inventory", plinking reactive targets or coffee cans and lids at distance. Recently found a box of Norinco at the pawn shop, so there's that when the weather warms up. The Mak is a renaissance gun and eats it all. Never have shot Tula. Don't see any sense in paying for CCI or Winchester these days, but have shot them. There was a post, a while back, where the OP asked what we'd shoot for target accuracy @ 10 yds. and my answer was FTX and my EG. YMMV.
    This is true! The Critical Defense is very accurate ammo, it's a shame it's too expensive for exclusive target work. Hornady should put out cheaper Zombie Max green tipped version for the 9x18.