Nornco 9mm pistol (chinese)

Thread: Nornco 9mm pistol (chinese)

Default Nornco 9mm pistol (chinese)

Hi Gang,
    I own a T-54 pistol that has a magazine with a plastic base. It cracked. Are magazines available that are made entirely of metal? Plastic is just not strong enough to handle the pressure of a fully loaded magazine. It holds eight cartridges. Checkoslavakia and a number of other countries produce similar pistols modeled after the Tokarev, which is essentially what this pistol is. Mine was produced for civilians and has a safety installed. Thank for your help!!!

yes, all steel mags were made for the 9MM Chinese tokarev. Keep looking at gun shops. gun shows or on line. You should be able to replace the plastic magazine bottom with a flat metal one from a regular tokarev magazine.

A couple years ago I had exactly the same problem. I was able to locate after market metal floorplates meant for the job. If memory serves acquired them from Mark Kubes milsurp.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Had problems in my cz 75.
    Hot day at the range the ...plastic bottoms fell out under pressure ....on fully loaded clips.
    I had bought a bag of unknown mag's,
    took steel bottoms off them ...
    Putin plastic on the unknowns ....
    sold the full, bag cheep!
    Last edited by DK PHILLIPS; 04-19-2017 at 10:36 PM.

DK-you count the rounds?some AM cz mags like mecgar will take a round or 2 extra.