There is a very crisp detent/click during the DA pull. Strange?

Thread: There is a very crisp detent/click during the DA pull. Strange?

Question There is a very crisp detent/click during the DA pull. Strange?

On this latest Bulgy this is felt/barely heard after more than halfway through the DA pull. Every time. The previous owner told me that he stripped and cleaned it.
    The only disassembling I've ever done is the slide, spring and maybe a firing pin on my Maks.

Even my .380 Russian and the other Bulgy have a heavier pull during the last part.
    Nothing at all similar is noticed in these other two, or in either of my EGs.
    Last edited by Laufer; 02-02-2017 at 03:00 AM.

Is it consistent in the same spot? If so there may be a burr.
    Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ---- Josey Wales

With the simple trigger train of the Mak it shouldn't be too hard to locate if you're willing to take it apart. You have the trigger itself, the trigger bar, the disconnecter on the end of the bar, the sear, the hammer itself and finally the flat trigger and hammer spring which could easily have a "pop"in it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Laufer View Post
    On this latest Bulgy this is felt/barely heard after more than halfway through the DA pull. Every time. The previous owner told me that he stripped and cleaned it.
    The only disassembling I've ever done is the slide, spring and maybe a firing pin on my Maks.

Even my .380 Russian and the other Bulgy have a heavier pull during the last part.
    Nothing at all similar is noticed in these other two, or in either of my EGs.
    The heavier second or third stage is due to the disconnector striking the projection on the sear. This is when the disconnector starts slipping off the double action tooth on the hammer.

The click might be due to a burr on either the hammer, sear or disconnector.

Thanks. What's good is that the required finger pressure this point in the pull is lighter than in my other Bulgy and .380 Russian.

This lighter feel caused me to think that the gun has a good bit more wear.