Gunboards Forums banner

Fake PLA/shield 5 stars Chinese Grips could be available soon.

946 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  lincen 
#1 ·
OK guys... I think it's better to share it with you. I got a neighbor, Chinese guy. So one day I approached him and asked if he has some friends/family in China. He said, yes, lots of friends and a big family. So I showed him 2 Makarovs grips, the rare ones, with shields and with 8/1 prints. I asked him if hes friends in China could ask around in the fleamarkets/used military stores and try to find me some of these grips. He said ok, he will let them know.
I saw him yesterday and he told me that people in there know about these grips. (Somebody is running around and looking/asking for them? ) Also, he told me that , there is a place (forgot the name of the city) with lots of factories and "someone is trying to do something about these grips", these are his words. Just to make it clear that I got it right, I asked him , do you mean someone is trying to make them?... he said, yes.
So, I guess , we will see them in US very soon. After all, it's just a piece of plastic. If Chinese can make fake iPhones, I got no doubt that they can make some plastic grip. Actually I would like to see the quality and compare the real vs the fake. Interesting...

#2 ·
It is more than plastic. There is a lot of steel reinforcement in those grips. That complicates things. Also, there is the issue of dimensions and tolerances so that they fit any Makarov. It won't be simple. Finally, how large a market exists for them? I know people can do amazing fakes, but how much of a money maker could these be? That's me being rational. Of course people will try to fake things if they see a buck in it. The only weapon we have to fight it is knowledge such as is found in this forum. I suppose this means the Makarov has arrived as a collectable pistol. ABTOMAT

#3 ·
ABTOMAT...
Is there a way to check steel reinforcement in those grips?
Also, the production doesn't have to be in millions, just a few thousands. A small shop can do it for much cheaper.
I will pay close attention and if I'll spot a fake , I will make enough photos from every angle and inside out so we can analyze it.

#4 ·
The Chinese are well versed in reverse engineering and copy-cat products. More recently, in gun parts, optics on E-bay stand out as one example of how parts, cheaply made in China, are aimed at the uninformed buyer, even infringing on trademarks. These impostor grips illustrate how they are now counterfeiting themselves, on grips of a clone. Kind of amusing when you think about it.

#5 ·
Whether these grips are newly made or from old stock, the Chinese makarovs that take these grips are unique, rare and not now available. They have a serial number in the 2, 3 or 4 millions, arsenal 66 in triangle and followed by 59 SHI. ( these rare guns are pictured on page 2 of the sticky let's see your makarovs.). These grips have also been discussed in earlier posts in the Makarov forum.Putting these grips on a commercial gun will not make it a rarer Makarov. Yes, the uninformed can be deceived. That is why the gunboards can serve as a resource to avoid being cheated. And, this very topic will be addressed with appropriate warnings in the forthcoming 2en volume book on Makarovs which will cover the Chinese Makarov probably out by this fall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.