Bulgi trigger not right

Thread: Bulgi trigger not right

Default Bulgi trigger not right

Just got another Bulgarian Mak from SOG that is the "appears new unissued" hand select. I have not cleaned it up yet, but the trigger will come all the way back when on Safe or Fire. I can pull the trigger back in rapid succession and about every several pulls it will come all the way back. Looks broken to me. Nothing like my other Mak from SOG. Please give feedback. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. First strip it and clean it. Then strip your other one. Start by comparing the trigger bar assemblies and the tip of the mainspring that works with them. If all looks well check the safeties. It may be something simple like semisolid grease clogging things up. (That's the one to hope for.) Good luck, ABTOMAT

Quote Originally Posted by ABTOMAT View Post
    Hi. First strip it and clean it. Then strip your other one. Start by comparing the trigger bar assemblies and the tip of the mainspring that works with them. If all looks well check the safeties. It may be something simple like semisolid grease clogging things up. (That's the one to hope for.) Good luck, ABTOMAT
    That's something I thought of doing. I may also make a call to SOG customer service to discuss the matter. If I have to exchange for another Mak, I will. I really like the other one I received from SOG and hope to use this new one a shooter (the first as a collector). Thank you, Abtomat.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Cleaning is the first step, the old grease you find in these thing sometimes can really, bad pun, gum up the works quite nicely.
    Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ---- Josey Wales

What year(s) were your SOG Maks made? I too am getting ready to pull the trigger on one. Wondering if they're selling 80's or 90's now.

Quote Originally Posted by rurallife View Post
    What year(s) were your SOG Maks made? I too am getting ready to pull the trigger on one. Wondering if they're selling 80's or 90's now.
    Mine are 1988 and 1989. Just got them within the last month.

I spoke with SOG today. They told me to clean it up well and if it is not working correctly, they will take it back within 30 days of the sale. Cleaning will commence shortly (I am one of those nutjobs that enjoys cleaning guns. Love the smell of Eau de Ballistol).

Thanks jlag, trying to get off the fence on this purchase. Handled a Tanfoglio today, and was blown away how natural it felt in my hand. So many great pistols- so little money. Anxious to hear if your trigger problem goes away after cleaning.

Well, I cleaned the Makarov very well (large amount of solid cosmoline) and the trigger is much better now, but the slide still will not lock back as my other Bulgarian Mak does. Any suggestions?

Nevermind my last post about the slide not locking back. I just realized that the magazine must be installed for the slide to lock back.