Hard to find PU scope

Thread: Hard to find PU scope

Default Hard to find PU scope

I spotted this PU scope on a repro rifle a few months ago. Unfortunately the seller had the usual hype about the PU being a legit WWII sniper and started the bidding at 699.00. I went back and forth on buying the thing just for the scope, mount and bent bolt, but when another bidder bid the 699.00 I decided to walk away. What a shame; the scope appears to be in almost new condition and I couldn't see any refurb marks on it. Thought I would share a couple pictures of this hard to find PU scope. (auction photos, not my pictures)

PA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rare 1945 dated PU scope 2.jpg   Rare 1945 dated PU scope 3.jpg  
    Looking for PU scope number 10062. See post http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...light=pashutr3

Boy oh boy, that's nice. Surely one you'd like to own.

Nice, that would be one only two of the "missing" scopes from Ratnik's old scope list. I honestly had to refer to that post to know why it was so rare, but now that I know....it would have been real hard to walk away from it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Sweet scope dated 1945. Not an easy find. Wish I had one. Anyone reading Ratniks excellent scope thread knows these are rare.

Similar condition 1945 scope was sold for approximately 500$ at Ebay last year

I missed that auction. Think I would have had to buy that one unless it got bid up to outrageous levels.

Yep tough one to let go but once someone bid the already over priced opener I just couldn't see getting into a bidding contest just for the scope. I figured it might turn up on the open market again someday. Also figured the poor soul who bought the hype and paid the price for a legit PU sniper at least got a little bit of his investment back with that scope.

PA
    Looking for PU scope number 10062. See post http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...light=pashutr3

Do you need images of these? I have several 1945's
    Administrator of Gunboards.com
    Mosin Nagant.net
    Michigan Historical Collectables

"Tulta munille!"

"Terror is not a new weapon. Throughout history it has been used by those who could not prevail, either by persuasion or example. But inevitably they fail, either because men are not afraid to die for a life worth living, or because the terrorists themselves came to realize that free men cannot be frightened by threats, and that aggression would meet its own response. And it is in the light of that history that every nation today should know, be he friend or foe, that the United States has both the will and the weapons to join free men in standing up to their responsibilities."
    John F. Kennedy