East German opinions

Thread: East German opinions

Default East German opinions

Got my first E. German pm today and I see what you guys are talking about. Compared to my Bulgarians there is a difference. Pretty nice. What do you think? $423 to my door.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20170210_174021.jpg  

IMG_20170210_174146.jpg  

IMG_20170210_174102.jpg  

IMG_20170210_173957.jpg  

Last edited by franknitti; 02-10-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Looks like you got a GREAT deal!

They usually look better in person than the pictures and the pictures look good. If that's grease on the slide, you only need a thin film or lightly oiled. Continue to remove rust from mag spring and body, w/lightly oiled or I like dry moly lube after wiping off penetrating oil. Excess lube or wet w/oil will attract powder residue. Performance points not shown, include barrel, chamber and feed ramp, which I assume you're happy with. EGs make great shooters, and if you don't want to shoot this one, I'll bet you'll be looking for another.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

It does look better in person. That's old dryed up grease on the inside corners of the slide. Looks like it's been there a long time. It was dry as a bone. I just put a couple drops of oil on the sear, rails and the barrel and put it back together. It ain't been used much. The trigger is smoother than the Bulgarians for sure but not as sweet as my cz82's. The actions like butter though.

I like it
    "Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."

Will Rogers

Top of the line. After all the gunk is cleaned out, there wont be many pistols with better triggers and actions, not if it is like mine. Well done, very nice indeed.
    Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ---- Josey Wales

Eastpointe (formerly East Detroit), Michigan

Looks nice...mine is so pretty I can't bring myself to shoot it (I just shoot my Bulgy)...here's hoping yours don't become a safe queen like mine.

Great looking Makarov, at a great price IMO. Congrats, still looking for my first E.G.

Very nice, those finishes were beautiful, mine still looks fine after ,56 years. I don't believe anyone could duplicate here.