Gunboards Forums banner

Ballard Carbine

612 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  musketshooter 
#1 ·
I had posted this on the U.S military rifle forum but I realize that as probably not the best place. I recently picked up a quite nice condition Ballard .44 rimfire carbine at a small local auction. Based on Kelly Blue Book, I stole it. Anyhow, it is complete in all aspects and has a really nice bore. When entering the civilian market it received a tang peep sight and a target front sight. The hammer spur was dinged, as I understand was common, the sling swivels are correct, the extractor works perfectly, the lever functions fine. There are no breech/receiver cracks, as I understand were common, over all it is really neat. Ball and Williams stamps are present as are the Merwin and Bray stamps. The extractor lever works perfectly. This was a blind squirrel finding the acorn this time. Anyhow, any comments or observations are welcome. It went into Union hands, probably in 1862 or 1863 and now it is home with me for good.

Gun Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Shotgun
Gun Rifle Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun
Wood
Wood
Insect Pest Membrane-winged insect Wood Plant
Wood Pest
Gun Firearm Shotgun Air gun Trigger
Wood
Wood Snow
Wood Snow Fence

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.