1940 Tula TT-33

Thread: 1940 Tula TT-33

Talking 1940 Tula TT-33

I picked this up yesterday afternoon, same place as the 1940 Tula SVT-40 I just posted.

The undocumented story with it is that this came from the estate sale of a WWII veteran who took it off the body of a German soldier. As can be seen, the CCCP markings on the grips have been removed. Only one is pictured in detail, both are similarly "cleansed". The magazine is non-matching.

Apparently these were popular with the Germans, and could use the C96 Mauser ammunition in a pinch.

There are 4 small evenly-spaced nicks on the forward edge of the left grip. "Kill marks"? Who knows.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tt-33-frame.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	335.2 KB 
ID:	1958793Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mag.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	314.1 KB 
ID:	1958801Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tt-33-grip.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	280.8 KB 
ID:	1958809Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TT-33.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	343.0 KB 
ID:	1958817Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tt-33-trigger.jpg 
Size:	259.9 KB 
ID:	1958825Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tt-33-slide.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	1958833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tt-33-rt.jpg 
Size:	416.4 KB 
ID:	1958841

*NOTE* - The left side full photo shows bright white at the front of the frame and slide, that's simply glare. The finish is comparable to that of the right side. No matter what angle I used, I simply couldn't get that glare out of the photo. It was well after midnight when I took these photos and I was using my phone. I had the same problem with dog hair, at least one photo in every set I took has one or more.
    Last edited by gunhorde; 02-12-2017 at 08:46 AM.

With the scrubbed grip logo, it's not hard to believe that this was relieved from a German soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by martin08 View Post
    With the scrubbed grip logo, it's not hard to believe that this was relieved from a German soldier.
    Agreed, too bad there isn't a written statement from the vet who brought it back detailing the circumstances of the "acquisition". Too many of these details are lost to time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Nice piece, congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by russojap View Post
    Nice piece, congratulations.
    + 1

Very nice!
    "Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force."

- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Hi
    My name is Mike Lacomb. I'm on my 5th username in an effort to hide who I am and what I do which is to disrupt and deceive you the members. Just so you know I've been banned 4 times already and I keep coming back to trick all of you. Best case is if you get a note from me then don't do business with me because if I will deceive you here by lying then who knows what other foul things I'll do. Like wish harm on peoples children or threaten harm to you if you don't do what I want. So jusy so you know now why by my name it says banned and I cant post anymore.

Very nice!
    Last edited by Vic; 02-21-2017 at 10:15 PM.

Nice pickup. The story is not hard to believe at all and I like how much finish is remaining.
    The kill mark thing is stretching it though.. It's a pistol :P

Thats a looker. Very nice, sir.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    ISO ----- 91rv, 24rv, SA or SkY marked Beretta M34 or M35, Finn marked Cz 24. Ka3 marked Mosins $$$$, an early Mosin dragoon stock with handguard, 28/30 CG unit marked 106207, Gulkevich bayonet, St. Petersburg Cavalry carbines, M27, m27 bayo, true Cossack shashkas/kindjals, slider for an early flat rear Mosin sight leaf. Slider for a St. Petersburg Cavalry carbine, Model 1907 mosins, m27rv, Cossack blood or tears, the ark of the covenant and one unicorn horn.

Very nice find.

On two of my bring back TT's the CCCP and maybe even the star (can't remember) are similarly defaced. I had always presumed it was from anti-communist revolutionary forces or German capture. Pretty interesting either way.

Edit: Pictures of the 1941 with the same defacing. 1934 with just the CCCP portion defaced.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19341.jpg   19342.jpg   19411.jpg   194122.jpg  
    Last edited by bp2626; 02-14-2017 at 03:25 PM.
    Looking for Mosin 91/30 bayonet ГС4625. Will pay well!

Quote Originally Posted by ncreptile View Post
    Nice pickup. The story is not hard to believe at all and I like how much finish is remaining.
    The kill mark thing is stretching it though.. It's a pistol :P
    Re: "kill marks" - yeah, it's more likely that a previous owner either banged up against something, or was just tapping the grip with a bayonet or something while bored on duty during a lull in activities.

But just making that comment sure can stir up a reaction in some folks!

There are a lot of these in NC but one member will not get any of them. Many must have come thru Ft. Bragg or other nearby military reservations. Any of my collection will sale elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mike radford View Post
    There are a lot of these in NC but one member will not get any of them. Many must have come thru Ft. Bragg or other nearby military reservations. Any of my collection will sale elsewhere.
    Feel free to send one to Louisiana LOL

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    ISO ----- 91rv, 24rv, SA or SkY marked Beretta M34 or M35, Finn marked Cz 24. Ka3 marked Mosins $$$$, an early Mosin dragoon stock with handguard, 28/30 CG unit marked 106207, Gulkevich bayonet, St. Petersburg Cavalry carbines, M27, m27 bayo, true Cossack shashkas/kindjals, slider for an early flat rear Mosin sight leaf. Slider for a St. Petersburg Cavalry carbine, Model 1907 mosins, m27rv, Cossack blood or tears, the ark of the covenant and one unicorn horn.

Quote Originally Posted by mike radford View Post
    I hear ya'. I refuse to sell to NC solely due to a single, unethical individual.

Quote Originally Posted by bao tze 包子 View Post
    I hear ya'. I refuse to sell to NC solely due to a single, unethical individual.
    That is irrational and has consequences. Single out those who did it or suffer consequences. This state is 460 miles wide and a couple hundred height. Discriminating against everyone in a state due to one person is like never buying a K98 because you missed the target once in 10 million shots.

Pet, no problem. I want more not less though.

Quote Originally Posted by bao tze 包子 View Post
    Who did what to you in NC that you would not sell anything to anyone here?

I've had some really bad experiences with buyers from TX and Cali.. But I take into consideration for every bad experience I have 100 or more positive ones. Don't let one butthead ruin it for you.