Quote Originally Posted by bumpandrun View Post
    Wow! Is it really worth that much?
    No. Not a real sniper.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RyanE View Post
    No. Not a real sniper.
    That is what I thought as well but wasnt sure. Thanks!

While it may sound pricy, the Podolsk SVT is the hardest to find and worth a premium, but as already mentioned, it did not leave the factory as a sniper. I understand Podolsk never made snipers at the factory. But still, there is a bayonet on Ebay right now at over $400, the very early 1940 dated and rare SVT Scope would, I think, tip over $500 on a good day. No mention of the mount, if real, another $400, repro or questionable $250. So something like $1,000 in accessories, so you are paying $1,400 for a pretty rare maker SVT. Who knows, could be a period conversion, I am sure Armorer Ivan didn't care what maker he used when the commissar wanted a sniper rifle. Just my 2 cents.

Real mounts are MUCH more than $400. The one on this rifle appears to be a reproduction, though.

Podolsk refurb rifle - let's say slightly above run-of-the-mill Tula or Izhevsk, so: +$1300
    Bubba sniper notch: -$300-400
    Repro mount: +$150
    Original Scope: +$400

Take another -$150 from the scope it it has mosin turrets
    Quote Originally Posted by Horilka View Post
    Podolsk refurb rifle - let's say slightly above run-of-the-mill Tula or Izhevsk, so: +$1300
    Bubba sniper notch: -$300-400
    Repro mount: +$150
    Original Scope: +$400

Podolsk are not the hardest to find I would say. Over the last couple of years I saw about 12-15 rifles on various auctions and forums and only 3-4 real snipers.
    Quote Originally Posted by sssniper View Post
    While it may sound pricy, the Podolsk SVT is the hardest to find and worth a premium, but as already mentioned, it did not leave the factory as a sniper. I understand Podolsk never made snipers at the factory. But still, there is a bayonet on Ebay right now at over $400, the very early 1940 dated and rare SVT Scope would, I think, tip over $500 on a good day. No mention of the mount, if real, another $400, repro or questionable $250. So something like $1,000 in accessories, so you are paying $1,400 for a pretty rare maker SVT. Who knows, could be a period conversion, I am sure Armorer Ivan didn't care what maker he used when the commissar wanted a sniper rifle. Just my 2 cents.