->

Thread: ->

Default ->

. . . . . . . . .
    Last edited by JamesD; 02-17-2017 at 11:37 PM.

Did XS quote you a price for the machine work / installation? I see that the sights are $104. And it looks like Bulgarian Makarovs only?
    "You'd know what it is if you needed one!"

Quote Originally Posted by chuter View Post
    Did XS quote you a price for the machine work / installation? I see that the sights are $104. And it looks like Bulgarian Makarovs only?
    Well... they have a nice set of instructions about
    1- you mill off the factory front sight
    2- cut the topstrap back so far
    3- cut the dovetail to certain specs
    So...that's sounding like the install is on you.
    And he didn't say anything about "Hey, we'll install 'em for you if you want."
    If you were to ask? I don't know. I didn't.

James

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

The website offers installation. Just wondered. Maybe I'll call them. Thanks

I dropped of my beater Bulgarian Makarov slide to have the smaller of the two XS sights installed two weeks ago. Hopefully I'll be getting it back in a couple of weeks. If I remember to, I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by zetazot View Post
    I dropped of my beater Bulgarian Makarov slide to have the smaller of the two XS sights installed two weeks ago. Hopefully I'll be getting it back in a couple of weeks. If I remember to, I'll let you know how it goes.

Yes, please do. Did they quote you a price?

I haven't gotten the slide back yet. I did call for an update. I was told that the tiny dovetail bit failed and he had to order another. He also mentioned that "We should be within budget, too." I had told him when I dropped it off that I had $100 for the project. (This is seriously a crazy project! $120 to get the sights, $100 to get them installed, and $50 to get the FAB grip. I could almost buy another Mak for that kind of money! Madness!)

Even with the insanity, I can't wait to try the new sights out. The Mak sights are old school and tiny. They're hard for me to pick up in anything other than decent lighting. The XS sights should be a serious improvement and if I ever want to go old school again, there's always my DDR Pistole M!