Shipping charges for handguns

Thread: Shipping charges for handguns

Default Shipping charges for handguns

What have others paid to ship a handgun?
    The least expensive FFL near me charges $30 for his service, plus $25 and up for a medium flat rate box, insurance and adult signature fee. I have paid $55 to $60.
    I know some ffls will accepy a handgun from a non FFL but they cannot be shipped from a USPS store and the nearest shipping terminal is an hour away.
    Any Makarovs that I have sold have been listed on a local forum and meet FTF at a ffl.

I shipped one today (Bulgarian) for $10.05. Small flat rate, signature required, no insurance. I can insure the small purchase price myself on something this low cost. I am an FFL, and I would do this for no charge for friends and customers. But, then again, I'm not making a living at the gun business.

I received a Walther 5 from an auction house yesterday shipped via UPS ground. They charged my card $11.00 for shipping. I have to admit i like paying $11.00 a lot better than the usual $50 - $60 places charge me when shipping next day air.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

My FFL charges me about $45 through USPS. That includes his $25 transfer, actual shipping cost, and insurance.

I, and I'm sure many others, are sick and tired of the shipping ripoff we get on firearms. I'd like to see some thing similar to the Uber riding option that now giving the taxi industry fits so firearms can be shipped legally and inexpensively .
    Jim

A large shipper pays far less than a walk in customer. Walks in's pay at least 30% more. There was a 15% increase for the major shippers on Jan.1 2017.
    Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
    NRA Endowment Member
    President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

Quote Originally Posted by italiansport View Post
    I, and I'm sure many others, are sick and tired of the shipping ripoff we get on firearms. I'd like to see some thing similar to the Uber riding option that now giving the taxi industry fits so firearms can be shipped legally and inexpensively .
    Jim
    Only UPS, FedEx, USPS and DHL have the logistics in place to accommodate the quick shipment of firearms. One of them would need to change their policies to make shipping handguns easier. I doubt it would be DHL because they appear to have the most restrictive policies in place out of the 4 companies listed. As far as the other 3, I also doubt that will happen. But never say never, I guess.

Outrageous shipping charges on handguns is the main reason why I will only sell them in a F2F transaction. Long guns, on the other hand, are simple to ship. USPS insured ftw!

If you hunt around long enough, you may find, like I did, a small-outfit FFL
    that will only charge you $10 on top of the actual shipping-cost. In that scenario,
    it costs me $22.50 to ship a Bulgarian makarov (in a small flat-rate box).

My FFL in Northern Ca raised my price to around $80 to ship a handgun. As a non ffl it was costing me around $90 to ship one myself via FedEx since it had to go next day. At first I just started quoting $65 shipping and ate the difference. As I wound down my collection of papered bring backs I got tired of arguing with guys about this shipping and just stopped selling them via online auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by badash5946 View Post
    My FFL in Northern Ca raised my price to around $80 to ship a handgun. As a non ffl it was costing me around $90 to ship one myself via FedEx since it had to go next day. At first I just started quoting $65 shipping and ate the difference. As I wound down my collection of papered bring backs I got tired of arguing with guys about this shipping and just stopped selling them via online auctions.
    That's ridiculous. My dealer charges $15(Same for incoming transfers) + cost of shipping(usually around $15-30).