Unserialized Lyman Alaskan M82

Thread: Unserialized Lyman Alaskan M82

Default Unserialized Lyman Alaskan M82

Has anyone ever come across another Lyman Alaskan without a serial number? This one never had a serial number roll marked onto the main tube. It has military part numbers in various places, but still retains the commercial Lyman Alaskan markings vice the military designation of TELESCOPE M82.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0769.JPG   IMG_0770.JPG   IMG_0771.JPG   IMG_0772.JPG   IMG_0773.JPG   IMG_0774.JPG  

IMG_0775.JPG   IMG_0776.JPG   IMG_0777.JPG  

I don't know about these scopes, but I like it. I use a copy of this scope made by Malcolm hilux on my m1d. I shoot the vintage sniper match at camp perry every year and this scope works very well at six hundred yards for me.

Quote Originally Posted by m1 sniper View Post
    I don't know about these scopes, but I like it. I use a copy of this scope made by Malcolm hilux on my m1d. I shoot the vintage sniper match at camp perry every year and this scope works very well at six hundred yards for me.
    Only 600 yds ???...... we shoot our 03A4s to 800 and 1000 yds at Quantico...you need to come shoot with us 22/23 April. The Lyman Alaskan can hold to 1000 yds but you got to work at it hard and hold steady but its still combat effective this far out. Recommend 175 gr BTHP bullets.