No.32 Scope/bracket value.

Thread: No.32 Scope/bracket value.

Northwest Ohio, about five miles from Lake Erie

Default No.32 Scope/bracket value.

I am preparing to ship my No.32 Mk.3 Scope (and bracket) from my No.4 Mk.I(T) from the US to Great Britain to match it up with the rifle it was originally mated to, and for an 'equal trade' for a replacement scope and bracket for my rifle.

Of course, sending my scope setup on such a journey causes me concern that it might become lost or seriously damaged on the trip, and I do want to insure the shipment for a fair replacement value just in case the worst happens.

I bought my No.4 Sniper Rig back in 1970, and I am completely out-of-date on the current value of a No.32Mk.3 Scope and bracket, and need info on what these original scopes and brackets are selling for now so I can insure it properly.

If anybody has bought or sold a No.32 scope/bracket recently, could you provide me information as to what he price was? If you don't want to post the price here, you can PM me.

Thanks.

I'd go for $3,000 and not a dime less.
    And we didn't blow up, so we got that going for us. Which is nice.

I agree with estimate. Problem you will have is, if there is a problem, establishing the value, either full loss or damaged. Especially, on international. Once out of US hands, not much you can do. I would check into "International Registered Mail" Going to cost a little more and specific on how packaged (paper kraft tape, etc.) but, that way signed for at each transfer. I have sent machine guns and items over $21,000 this way, only way to go. But, if lost or damaged, still be ready for a long hassel. Good Luck - Skid

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Northwest Ohio, about five miles from Lake Erie

Thanks for the input.

Did a bit of looking at the "International Registered Mail" option, but the site I pulled up stated that the value limitation on that method of shipping was $400.

The best 'insurance deal' I seem to be able to get from the USPS to Great Britain limits out at $650.

My fault, read right thru the UK Shipping. I am at PO Tomorrow, I will try to remember to ask. Sorry, Skid