Seeking info on holster

Thread: Seeking info on holster

Default Seeking info on holster

Hello All, I recently purchased what was described to me as a 1976 Russian Makarov holster. I bought it to go with my 1976 Russian Makarov pistol. Here are a few photographs of it; I'd appreciate it if anyone can provide any information on it.

-gonzo

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." --Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers

Can't give too much, '03' is a reference to the factory, but these weren't coded per se, just used a small stamp. I think it was the one near Leningrad but I could be wrong. The 'K11' is actually OTK11, or technical control acceptance office. and 76 is yes, the year.

I appreciate the information!
    -gonzo

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." --Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

You have a very nice, standard-issue Soviet military flap holster. Most of the variations in these holsters are in the belt loops, clasps, and pull-out cords. They can be either completely stitched or riveted, or a combination of both.

There were also variants in the flap construction. After the vinyl holster was replaced with the leather one, these had a full integrated flap. However, this was changed to a separate stitched flap to conserve leather.

The Soviets had twin-stitched belt loops until 1977, when it was converted to twin-riveted ones. It was eventually superseded in 1983 by the single, large stitched belt loop, until last year of production in 1993. Only in the last year was the leather shade changed, thinned, and texture modified to a pebble one.

Yours seems to be a completed stitched version with double belt loops separate flap, and stitched pull-cord. These are very collectable and quite cheap. Get them while you still can!