Gunboards Forums banner

New to me Orginal Pattern 1853 Enfield - Dated 1864. Please comment.

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Spaxspore 
#1 ·
Purchased this out of an auction in CA. I paid about $400 more than a nice pedersoli Repo.

Comments / thoughts / value always welcome.

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
You Rat Bastard. You want me to notice how nice the wood looks, how the patina on the barrel lends that special charm, how exceptional your photos always are and how the brass buttplate looks awesome, too.

But I'm not gonna say anything - but only because I'm insanely jealous;)

Impressive only begins to describe it :thumbsup:

#7 ·
For its age i would rate the bore VG+ and looks to be shootable. The only thing was shot was its orginal nipple. When i photographed this i replaced it with a parker hale which are i identical in thread pattern.

#8 ·
Really nice looking enfield! I'd say you got a nice deal at that price above a repro.

Congrats!

#9 ·
Really nice gun and I tip my hat on your photography. Hope you don't mind but I am taking note of your technique. The p53 was state of the art and soldiers on both sides of the war of northern aggression were lucky to have one. I dont think however that your gun was one that saw service on this side of the Atlantic. In support of this 1) British proof "broad arrow " on the lock 2) enfield mark. I think that the guns brought here were marked tower or Barnett 3) marking on the butt plate. They just look more British than us (or cs). Now having said that I have been out of cw pieces for a while

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.