PE Top mount screw dimensions

Thread: PE Top mount screw dimensions

Default PE Top mount screw dimensions

Looking for the proper dimensions of the 6 M5 screws for PE top mount snipers. Just got a metal lathe a couple months ago. Gonna tool up to make some here soon. Going to use either 1019 steel rod or 4130 steel rod to make them. Should be a lot harder than the repo screws available out there now.

If there is enough interest here on the boards. Ill make extra sets for sale.

Thanks ahead of time!

I would definitely be in for 2 or 3 sets if you wind up making them.

PA
    Looking for PU scope number 10062. See post http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...light=pashutr3

PA,
    Will keep you posted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

I will need a couple sets, or more.

Hello,

If you want to do it your self that is great!!!! metric lathe add-on are expensive as I am trying to find that for mine. You should just buy the ones currently from Lenny he sells on ebay and a fourm member he sells JUST the screw sets if you don't want the drills and taps and it boils down to about 15.00 for a set of 6 shipped from RUSSIA!!! I am a do it your selfer to save money but at that price I just bought them. I did buy a big lot so they might be a bit MORE for smaller lots. I bought enough for all my projects as you can see below he makes them for Round and HEX mounts and they look great. OOH, NO none are for sale so please NO PM's I bought only 1 extra set of each in case I add some double sniper that SPEAKS to me like a FINN by some miracle I get down the road .

later
    vaughn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_5512.jpg  

100_5514.jpg  

Last edited by vaughn99; 02-26-2017 at 11:08 AM.
    Tula 91/30 Ex-Snipers WANTED!!!!!!! See List Below
    Zeiss Type Any Date
    Walther Type Any Date
    1932 PE, Top Mount, Hex Receiver
    1933 PE, Top Mount, Hex Receiver
    1936 PE, Top Mount, Round Receiver
    1938 PE, Top Mount Siege Built
    1939 PE, Top Mount СП Marked
    1939 PE, Top Mount Siege Built
    1940 PE, Top Mount Siege Built
    1943 PE, Top Mount Siege Built

Vaughn,

GTG on the metric threading. When I purchased my lathe I made sure it could cut metric threads. Its a nice mini lathe, a grizzly G0602.

Got to make a hand wheel for the head stock before I start cutting these threads as they're fine and run close up to the shoulder. With a hand wheel on the head stock I can cut them by turning the head stock manually and get close to the screw head without overrunning into it.

One concern on the dimensions is the length of the screws. In my experience, the width of the receiver vs. the width of the base can vary. On my Finn capture scopeless PE I had to add shims between the receiver and the repo base to make up the difference.

Maybe making the screws a "tad" long might be the best course. If they're too long one could just trim the length a bit. Ya'lls thoughts on this?

Attachment 1995249

Found this searching for the proper dimensions. Can anyone confirm these dimensions?