Gunboards Forums banner

Movie - The Magnificent Seven

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Snowman 
#1 ·
Just saw this last night via Netflix. I am of course referring to the 2016 remake. While I am sure the "there hasn't been a good movie made since 1960" crowd hated it, I thought it was very entertaining, and it held my attention the entire time, not an easy thing to do. My wife is in charge of picking movies, and with most of them I find myself glancing at the timer often to see how much longer the movie will last.

In any case, it was a rollicking shoot-em-up western with a great cast, and NO contrived love story pulled into the plot. For Old West firearms afficionados, they show more than just the ubiquitous Peacemakers and Winchesters. Chris Pratt uses a British Bulldog early in the film, and the main villian has what appears to be a top-break 32 S&W revolver hidden in his boot. The townspeople are also shown with an assortment of trap-door Springfields and others rifles, many of which went by too quickly for me to identify.

While many may quibble about the details, I recommend this movie

#2 ·
Yes, I saw it a month ago on the Big screen...it was a very good remake, with the part of the Gambler with PTSD very well played. Yes, and the fact that it wasn't too much "Hollywoodised" ( Women, etc) also added to the flow of the story...and the last hit, the original Theme music from the 1960s Movie...very good.

Worthwhile seeing ( and the variety of guns was good as well...away from the WRA M92s and Colt SA Pistols...)

Doc AV

#4 ·
I liked the film and the cast. It did however seem to depart from any sort of realism during the extended gunfight scenes. One handed handgun shooting, shooting from the hip, shooting through obstacles, everything was a hit. Nobody ever seemed to miss except the nameless bad guys who were just fodder to jack up the kill count.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.