Gunboards Forums banner

Another 2nd Generation Colt 1851

612 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  scandiknivars 
#1 ·
Happened upon this one online and wasn't really looking for another....but the price was right.

Since it was used, I decided to refinish the stocks and polish the tarnished silver plating. I also polished the internals to slick them up a little. My other 2nd gen 1851 is unturned and pristine; this new one is my shooter!

Just two quick pics:

I have to say, compared to my Uberti 1851 (which I love) these two Colts (both 1971 made C series) are much, much nicer. The lines are more authentic, the cylinder is properly sized and the action is smoother. I really didn't expect there to be that much difference, but for me, the Colts are just superior in fit and and particularly finish. Nothing compares to the factory Colt Royal Blue finish!

T

See less See more
#2 ·
Good catch. I've had a Colt Navy years ago when I shot blackpowder and it was a lot of fun. Shooting it with that square back trigger guard, you'll soon learn where the term "Knuckle Buster" came from. Enjoy
Dan in Texas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.