Isreal Mauser?

Thread: Isreal Mauser?

Default Isreal Mauser?

I heard some of the Columbian mausers ended up in Isreal and I was wondering if maybe this was one of them. The german stock makes me think that maybe it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0644.jpg   IMG_0645.jpg  

Other than the stock, do you have any other reason to think this rifle came out of Israel?
    Always looking for interesting 7.62x25 Tokarev and 7.63 Mauser cartridges!!!
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

Yes, the bend in the bolt handle. I saw a picture of a one that was used in Israel service and the bolt was bent the same way. I bought this rifle several years ago and thought it was just a parts gun so only paid $75 dollars for it. The magazine is German so I figured I couldn't even use it for the proper ammo, since 30.06 is longer, and it was just a single shot rifle, not a repeater, unless I got a Colombian magazine. Now I'm wondering if it is actually a surplus rifle from Israel and is 7.62x51.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

From what I can see of the action, and Barrel Shank (and relative Liege Proof Marks, it is an FN M1950 Colombian Contract Mauser, Cal. .30/06.
    The Stock is Pure German Kar98k, and assembled Wrongly.

When CIA imported the Colombian Mausers ( from offshore InterArms stocks) they "bodgied up" a lot of Mausers, with replacement stocks, such as Kar98k and Vz24 etc, Just to get the guns sold, to the normally ignorant gun buying public.

It could also be that someone sis this Marrying up after market ( to a "Bubba'd Gun") to return it so0 some semblance of "Military" Appearance.

IN anycase, you may have just a "good shooter/truck gun/plinker." NO collector's value, NO "Israeli", No other scarce or unknown Rifle...Just a straightforward Colombian FN1950 in a Kar98k stock...maybe the stock is worthy more than the Barrelled Action????

Doc AV
    Onto every parade, some rain must fall...and occasionally a CLOUDBURST!!!.

geladen is offline Platinum Bullet Member and Curmudgeon-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    I heard some of the Columbian mausers ended up in Isreal and I was wondering if maybe this was one of them. The german stock makes me think that maybe it is.
    I believe that was "some of the Israeli Mausers ended up in Guatemala".
    Every post I make is made with a request for corrections. I'm here to learn.

Regards,
    Bill

III, GOA Life

CAI did advertise some IDF mausers with the Steyr 1912 receiver and the Chilean crest and the big 7.62 stamped on the receiver ring.They were limited amounts and expensive.never bought one.It was when all the other IDF "South American" rifles came in
    The Truth is Concrete-Bertolt Brecht
    While much is too strange to be believed,nothing is too strange to have happened-Thomas Hardy

geladen is offline Platinum Bullet Member and Curmudgeon-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by Betonfahrer View Post
    CAI did advertise some IDF mausers with the Steyr 1912 receiver and the Chilean crest and the big 7.62 stamped on the receiver ring.They were limited amounts and expensive.never bought one.It was when all the other IDF "South American" rifles came in
    That sounds like the receiver may have come from one of the rifles (M14) kept by Austria and never sent to Chile. I don't know of any South American rifles used by Israel.
    Every post I make is made with a request for corrections. I'm here to learn.

Regards,
    Bill

III, GOA Life

I had an Israeli , Steyr 308 K98 Mauser a few years back. One of the most accurate rifles I've owned. I wound up selling it along with a few others after I was disabled.