When it rains it pours.....

Thread: When it rains it pours.....

Default When it rains it pours.....

Mere days after getting my first Ross, this follows me home today. A Ross M1912 .22 trainer. It's in excellent shape, and a super fun little rifle to shoot. Had no idea these even existed. Enjoy the pics!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF2001.jpg   DSCF2002.jpg   DSCF2003.jpg   DSCF2004.jpg   DSCF2005.jpg   DSCF2006.jpg  

DSCF2008.jpg   DSCF2009.jpg   DSCF2011.jpg   DSCF2012.jpg  

Shoot standard velocity ammo in it as it was designed before high velocity ammunition was invented. The action is not friendly to high velocity .22s. They will blow the bolt open.

Very nice and, you're right, not often seen. That is an interesting rear sight that has been grafted on. How does it work with the peep sight still in place.

S/N on the left side of the receiver? If so, a commercial model. If not, any remnants of markings in the right side of the buttstock? It looks like your rifle suffered the same fate as my, and many of the other Ross Mod 1912 trainers, in having been 'deactivated' by breaking the stock at the wrist.

They are indeed a slick and accurate little trainer. Congratulations.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Yep, only standard .22 for this little guy. I of course thought the rear sight was originally put on it until I started looking at pics of other examples. It's definitely been with it for a loong time...and it doesn't really interfere with the peep sight. It is a ton of fun to shoot, and interestingly enough, is pretty darn 'quiet' compared to other .22s.

Oh, and yes, serial number on the left side there....I kind of figured it was commercial what with the lack of markings on the butt. Would it have still been used as a military training arm? Possibly a military school?

Couple more close ups.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF2002 (2).jpg   DSCF2003 (2).jpg   DSCF2004.jpg