PU stocks

Thread: PU stocks

Default PU stocks

When did they got from half slot to pressed escuteons on the PU Izhvesk? 43? I'm not at home and asking quickly as I look over a pile. 44 would be pressed yes?
    Administrator of Gunboards.com
    Mosin Nagant.net
    Michigan Historical Collectables

"Tulta munille!"

"Terror is not a new weapon. Throughout history it has been used by those who could not prevail, either by persuasion or example. But inevitably they fail, either because men are not afraid to die for a life worth living, or because the terrorists themselves came to realize that free men cannot be frightened by threats, and that aggression would meet its own response. And it is in the light of that history that every nation today should know, be he friend or foe, that the United States has both the will and the weapons to join free men in standing up to their responsibilities."
    John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    When did they got from half slot to pressed escuteons on the PU Izhvesk? 43? I'm not at home and asking quickly as I look over a pile. 44 would be pressed yes?
    Izhevsk PUs went from half liner both ends to full pressed liners both ends sometime early in 1944.

I know that I have a '43 Izhevsk with the half liners. Probably '44 or sometime late in '43?

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Hmm...just looked at a '44 Izhevsk and it has half liners, too, but these are refurbs so I don't know which is original.

Tula was using pressed in full liners in 44.
    "The only real power comes out of a long rifle."- Joseph Stalin

There is a 44 here with half
    Mosin Nagant.net

"Tulta munille!"

"Terror is not a new weapon. Throughout history it has been used by those who could not prevail, either by persuasion or example. But inevitably they fail, either because men are not afraid to die for a life worth living, or because the terrorists themselves came to realize that free men cannot be frightened by threats, and that aggression would meet its own response. And it is in the light of that history that every nation today should know, be he friend or foe, that the United States has both the will and the weapons to join free men in standing up to their responsibilities."
    John F. Kennedy

It looks good but I thought it was too late. I'm having brain farts today. Nice matched date scope- 1944
    Mosin Nagant.net

"Tulta munille!"

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    It looks good but I thought it was too late. I'm having brain farts today. Nice matched date scope- 1944
    Definitely wouldn't stop me if it's a nice one. I've seen lots of ИЛ marked half-liner PU stocks.

Yes early 1944 PU snipers still have half liners.