Knoxville gun show report

Thread: Knoxville gun show report

Default Knoxville gun show report

I thought I would give a report on this weekend's R.K. Knoxville show. Kind of discouraging in that there seemed to be an abundance of flea market dealers there. I was helping a vendor & did not see a single Finn the whole weekend. But the real reason I'm posting is that I witnessed a first time new low - a carnival type game booth. Noisy & sad to see people paying their money to try & win one of the many big screen TV's that were stacked like 10 ft high around the booth. Since I was helping a vendor, I saw them packing up yesterday after the show closed. All the TV boxes were empty props. A player just assumed they were prizes. Someone asked one of the R.K. workers how this was legal. The answer was that every player got a prize - (various kitchen / household gadgets or glassware type of stuff). I hope R.K. gets a lot of complaints.

I pass on R-K shows. No more for me.
    And we didn't blow up, so we got that going for us. Which is nice.

Live here in GA so I am not a lot of knowledge of TN laws but down here they define them as "games of skill " and "games of chance "
    Game of skill is say a 22 rifle target shoot -- your skill at the task defines your ability to win a prize
    Game of chance is like rolling dice or cutting a deck of cards ( those are illegal )
    Anyway I have given up on guns shows in general Not much going on no real deals and just alot of overpriced junk
    I have also given up on local gun shops since black plastic seems to rule
    I have had MUCH better results at off the beaten path PAWN SHOPS where there is stiil some way to haggle

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

I agree Citiboy, Black plastic junk is the norm now a days. I do miss, Never though I'd say it, the old Mut Beastman or Matt Eastman shows at the Dalton trade center. Good time back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by lacon View Post
    I thought I would give a report on this weekend's R.K. Knoxville show. Kind of discouraging in that there seemed to be an abundance of flea market dealers there. I was helping a vendor & did not see a single Finn the whole weekend.
    I was carrying an M39 around all day Satuday. Bought two Makarovs. Think I saw what you refer to, back rear corner? Didn't pay them any mind, thought they were selling electronics and drew a different conclusion, that Kehrli was just selling tables to electronics shysters just like he does the happy feet guys. Thought it nothing new, guess I was mistaken.

What yanks my chain is all the private sellers gathered at the door so that you can't get from one aisle to the next to walk the show.

I was a guest at a table and someone there said admission was now $14 or $15. I'm guessing the demise of the monthly gun show is soon coming.

SlimTim
    Budweiser's Real Man of Genius: Mr. Gun Show Junkie

Georgians! Tennesseans! Join your neighbors in the TN/GA Shooters forum.