VZ 24 Japanese shipment rifle

Thread: VZ 24 Japanese shipment rifle

Default VZ 24 Japanese shipment rifle

I got a call from a friend who took in a VZ 24 and asked me if I would be interested. He had checked it out and it is all matching, excellent condition, bore is like new, non import stamped and was a 1937. So I went and picked it up. We both knew nothing much about the VZ 24s, so when I brought it home, I started researching it. These are some pictures of it.
    We thought it was maybe a "rack number" painted on the stock. Found out it it's part of the "Kanji". I know it will be hard, but I will try to locate a marked sling for it.
    I had read that there was speculation over the original cleaning rod being blued, or in the white. I believe this one to be original and included pictures of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VZ 24 Japanese shipment 004.JPG   VZ 24 Japanese shipment 007.JPG   VZ 24 Japanese shipment 012.JPG   VZ 24 Japanese shipment 013.JPG   VZ 24 Japanese shipment 015.JPG  

more pix
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VZ 24 Japanese shipment 014.jpg   VZ 24 Japanese shipment 021.jpg   VZ 24 Japanese shipment 016.JPG   VZ 24 Japanese shipment 017.JPG   VZ 24 Japanese shipment 026.JPG  

last pix
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VZ 24 Japanese shipment 028.jpg  

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Very nice rifle. Thank you for sharing!

Very cool! I've been on the hunt for one for my Japanese collection! Thanks for the motivation!
    In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.
    ~FDR (1936)