Gander Mt. in Hixon Tn. closes after 3 yrs!

Thread: Gander Mt. in Hixon Tn. closes after 3 yrs!

Default Gander Mt. in Hixon Tn. closes after 3 yrs!

http://www.fox9.com/news/240869900-story Sort of sad but theyre prices have always been the highest on everything!

You right about pricing. Anywhere there is an Academy sports they are getting their clock cleaned. I don't like Dicks, Gander Mountain or Bass Pro.

That being said, I did make my first purchase ever in Gander Mountain yesterday. I have been looking for another M9/92FS. Been looking for 6 months and couldn't find a used or new one in stock anywhere.
    Went in just to kill time and they had a 92FS -599+ tax. Special offer of $50 gift card with purchase. I put it on layaway and they just knocked $50 off the price. Found a $20 customer appreciation coupon on thier site. Wasn't sure they'd honor the second discount but they did.
    Picked it up yesterday $529 + tax.
    Excellent price for a NIB 92FS. Honestly, I probably won't buy nothing else there unless its hard to find something at a great price.

Academy sold me on their customer service years ago and their prices always beat Walmart on anything.
    Freedom is far from free. Thank a U.S. Veteran.

Up till the early 90s all there was in Chatt was Sports Authority then came Dicks then Jumbo Sports (went bankrupt in 96 or so after 1 yr. in town. Dicks never had many guns. Sports Auth. was my favorite till they about 98 or so stopped selling "Black Silhouette" targets etc.. then they quit selling pistols and a couple yrs. later closed down locally.

I always and still do when in Knoxville visit all the big stores, but Academy does seem to have the best prices most of the time, I would be surprised if Gander has any huge sales before Closing!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

I had an occasion to visit one of the Georgia closing stores ( in Snellville ) about a year ago , Compared to An Academy or Bass Pro The place was small and very very understocked I went on a Sun at about noon and there were only 3 other customers.
    As for our local DICKS it looks more focused on the YOGA , Jogging and Golf people. Lacks the earthy feeling of a Bass or Academy

I was the only person in the one in Round Rock TX the other night...sad.

I make it a point to go in on NRA weekends to renew and get a gift card. Better make sure my gift cards are all used I guess. I bet they have some killer sales, it's cheaper for them to sell at a discounted price than to pay to move inventory to another store.

SlimTim
    Budweiser's Real Man of Genius: Mr. Gun Show Junkie

Georgians! Tennesseans! Join your neighbors in the TN/GA Shooters forum.

Quote Originally Posted by vz58kid View Post
    I would be surprised if Gander has any huge sales before Closing!
    Has anyone seen the kid standing around in shock? Is he stunned? With all the emails and newspaper ads about the % off sale, I'm betting he is catatonic somewhere.

SlimTim
    Budweiser's Real Man of Genius: Mr. Gun Show Junkie

Georgians! Tennesseans! Join your neighbors in the TN/GA Shooters forum.