Default How do you get the grips off a TT33 Tokarev

How do you get the grips off? I moved a lever inside, but the grips are still tight.

Default tt33

I thought that the lever was all that you had to move..I'll take a look at ine tonight

Make sure you remove the panel that has the lever that reaches near the bottom of the mag well opening first. And, make sure when you move that lever that it is moved as far as it will go. You may need to use a finger to carefully pop the panel out. Once that grip is off, you can see the other panel's lever and swing it all the way so that grip can be removed. If WWII vintage grips........be very careful as they are usually very brittle.

Dave

What Dave said! Be very careful, and don't get tempted to try to pry them up. You might try GENTLY levering up from inside the grip with the eraser end of a pencil. Also the right grip panel can be released with just a bit more effort than the left side grip. If you look inside the mag well at the right side grip, you will see a little bar in the middle of the grip which pivots on a rivet. This bar has a hole toward each end of it, if you put the tip of a small screwdriver or other similar tool into the hole on the right and push it all the way up, the right grip should release and may be easier to remove than the left grip (or it may be just as sticky).

Anyway, the left grip is the one that normally comes off first because the release lever is easier to access from the bottom, but the right grip can be released without releasing the left one first. I suck at explaining stuff, but if you have questions about my long winded post, let me know, and I'll try to confuse you further :D

Thanks for the help and information!!

Thanks for the replies. I will give it a shot. John

If you bust them, don't fret.

Acraglas Gel mixed with the black dye or JB Weld mixed with Acraglas black dye matches Husqvarna Tolite hard rubber buttplates and probably would work fine on the grips. I've used both to rebuild buttplates and the repair cannot be distinguished from the original material.
    Formerly LeeSpeed; I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth...and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary...I believe in the Holy Spirit...the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.